Priceline Hotel: Bloomington West - Mall of America Help

KikiinTC
By KikiinTC,
in

Looking at booking a Priceline Express Deal for my family. The listing says 2 children under 16 years stay free of charge. Is that safe to book with kids? I hadn't looked at Priceline hotels, but was just price comparison shopping with Hotwire. Priceline deals are much better for this weekend, but I know it looks for double occupancy only. Any tips?

Pets Allowed

Free Parking

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Kids Stay Free

2 children under 16 years stay free of charge when using existing beds

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Bloomington West - Mall of America (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $89/nite with:
Free Parking
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> from the Minneapolis Priceline Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel and this would be my best guess for this one

The more complete wording from PRICELINE's site regarding kids is:

Kids Stay Free

2 children under 16 years stay free of charge when using existing beds

(emphasis added by me)

==> so the risk here is that you get a room with only one bed in it and no pullout sofabed, room for a rollaway, etc.  The risk is substantially reduced if specific bed choices are given and the room choice you choose is designed to accommodate the number of guests in your group OR if you're familiar with the hotel and you know all standard rooms can accommodate the number of guests in your group (but i believe King rooms at this Sheraton are designed maximum 3 guests... their rooms with 2 Double beds in them can accommodate quad occupancy, so you would need to hope that you would be assigned a room with this type of bedding configuration)

Note that it is not always easy to compare PRICELINE to HOTWIRE, as:

1) rates may be HOTWIRE for quad occupancy vs. double occupancy

2) each service may rate the same hotel differently

For the hotel above see that the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel is 4 star rated by PRICELINE... but on HOTWIRE the same hotel is 3.5 star rated.

I'm not seeing this Sheraton offered on HOTWIRE when searching for 2adults/2children, but i am seeing this similarly priced 3.5* property:

3.5* HOTWIRE Bloomington West - Mall of America for $85.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess for this property would be the Crowne Plaza Bloomington Minneapolis/St Paul Airport/MOA which does have a very high 4.5/5.0 TA rating... would this one work for your needs?

Another 4* option that is a little more expensive but also equally as highly reviewed with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating:

4* HOTWIRE Bloomington West - Mall of America for $114.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess here would be the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington

Do either of the options above work for your needs OR are you willing to take your chances with the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer and hope you can get assigned a room that can accommodate everyone in your family?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Were either of the two HOTWIRE properties above of interest?

Let us know what you decide upon (star rating, zone, hotel name, room rate, date, and amenities associated with the property) or if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]