Hotwire Hotel: New York City - 3.5 star + near Central Park South

NYSept18
By NYSept18,
in

Hi,

Hope you will be able to help us. 

We are visiting NY on Sept 15th.  We need to book a hotel for 1 night.  We hope to stay in or near Central Park South area if possible.  

Star rating -  3.5 star or 4 star

New York City - any of the following areas - closest to Central Park ideally

Grand Central

Rockefeller Center

Madison Square Garden

Empire State Building

Central Park South

Queensborough Bridge

Midtown East

Room rate per night USD150-200 (hope to get closer to USD150)

I saw the following hotel advertising at USD206 per night with the amenities below.  Do you know which hotel this might be?

3.5 star + near Central Park South

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Fort this HOTWIRE offer:

3.5* HOTWIRE Central Park for $206.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the New York City Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Watson Hotel

Will this work for your needs this nite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think I might be able to do better than The Watson.  What do you think?

Are you able to see better offers for me?  If I decide to bid on a 4 star hotel in any of the areas mentioned above, what minimum amount should I bid to secure a room, in your opinion?

Thanks for your advice.

You can probably do better in terms of star rating and/or value, but not necessarily as close to Central Park (which i don't think is necessary since you can easily take the subway to/from Central Park... and with a one nite stay you will likely visit the park, walk around, and leave; not likely you will be making multiple trips to/from throughout the day)

In the zones you mentioned above i'm seeing:

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $123/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> best guess here would be The Westin New York Grand Central

4* Empire State Building Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $128/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> LIFE Hotel, NoMad is my guess here

4.5* Empire State Building Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $149/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> The James New York - Nomad

HOTWIRE also has:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $136.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the New York City Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Yotel New York

One of the above work better for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for all the help and options.

If we go for the first one, Grand Central, you mentioned confirming dates on the landing page.  How do we get to the landing page?  I clicked on the underlined heading 4* Grand Central Terminal - UN and it brought me to an offer page for Nov 15th/Nov 16th at the offer price $123/nite.  I'm not able to amend the dates here.  I need a room on the night of Saturday September 15th 2018, checking out on September 16th 2018.

Will you direct me to the landing page where I can amend the dates?  Will I still be able to get this special rate of $123/nite?

That's my mistake, i searched for the wrong dates (and why we always indicate to confirm the dates on the landing page).

Unfortunately 9/15 is more expensive than the 11/15 date i searched for above (which is also why i was surprised to see such a good rate for the 4.5* Grand Central property, as i remember prices being more expensive when i first searched and saw The Watson).

Based upon current rates you're likely going to need to compromise on some aspect of your stay... either location, star rating, or price.  Below are some of the best options i'm currently seeing for your (correct) date, but as previously, please confirm your dates on the landing page:

To get close to Central Park i'm seeing:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $203/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Dylan Hotel which would be about a 20-25 minute walk to the entrance of Central Park, but you would be close to Grand Central Station where you could catch the 4-5-6 train to 68th St and be a few block walk to the park.

Keeping in mind my comments above:

On 8/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, thereuare said:

close to Central Park (which i don't think is necessary since you can easily take the subway to/from Central Park... and with a one nite stay you will likely visit the park, walk around, and leave; not likely you will be making multiple trips to/from throughout the day)

I would consider this one:

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $200/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
==> best guess for this one would be the W New York Downtown.  It's located downtown which is further away from Central Park, but again, it's just one subway ride into you want to be in the area for the day, and this hotel tends to get very good reviews from those who enjoy the W 'style' (which is not for everyone)

Closer to Central Park (but further south than the Rock Center property above) would be:

3.5* Empire State Building Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $206/nite with:
==> Lex Hotel NYC is my best guess here... there is a 6 train nearby which can easily get you to Central Park

Thoughts on the above?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the offers above) and we'll take it from there.

Hi,

I've found a 4.5 star hotel Hot Rate on Hotwire World Trade Centre Manhattan, usually Euro248 per night, hot rate of Euro 118.52 plus Euro 36 tax, total price of Euro 154.58

Indicates the hotel could be one of the following:

'This Hot Rate® Hotel is guaranteed to be a regional or national hotel chain. Here are few examples of chains you might get:

The Luxury Collection, Le Meridien, Intercontinental.

Amenities

Boutique hotel, Business center, Children's activities, Fitness center, Internet access, Pet friendly, Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms

Do you know which hotel this might be?

Thanks for your help.

The chain examples given are only examples and the hotel may be a different chain than the ones shown.

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" tab, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE World Trade Center - Wall Street for $136.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  If this is also what you are seeing, best guess would be the W Downtown.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Hi, 

Back for help again.  Will you see if you can find me some options?  I'm ready to press the button and book at this stage, with just 13 days to go until I need the room.

Details:

We are visiting NY on Sept 15th.  We need to book a hotel for 1 night.  We hope to stay in or as near Central Park South area if possible.  

Star rating -  3.5 star or 4 star

New York City - any of the following areas - closest to Central Park ideally

Grand Central

Rockefeller Center

Madison Square Garden

Empire State Building

Central Park South

Queensborough Bridge

Midtown East

Room rate per night USD150-200 (hope to get closer to USD150)

Thanks for your help.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the links below.)

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $208
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Jewel

3.5* Empire State Building Area (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing)  for $205
>>>Best guess would be the Lex

Would either of these possibilities be of interest? Unfortunately, September is a busy period and $150 doesn't look to be possible for this period.

Also seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Empire State Building - Bryant Park for $215.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Cassa Hotel on 45th.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you again.  These are all somewhat on the high side price wise for us.  We would be prepared to stay downtown if we could secure a room at a lower rate.  I did see a room on hotwire at Euro 119 plus taxes, final price Euro 154 for a 4.5 star hotel downtown near Wall Street (a few days ago) but I didn't move on it - regret it now. 

Do you think there is any chance we might see another room at that price level over the next week or so?

Do you see anything else that might end up at an all in price (inclusive of taxes and fees) of $180?

The least expensive 3.5* or higher rated hotel in Manhattan currently offered by PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE is:

4.5* Downtown - Wall Street (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $171/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
==> best guess for this one would be the W New York Downtown

Midtown hotels put you in the $$205-$215 range.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]