Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park) Dylan Hotel

hollab
By hollab,
in

Hi, there, 

I need some help choosing a Hotel for our New York stay 10/15-10/20, 2 adults. Price should be between 200-250 USD.

Since it is our first trip to the city we would like to stay in Times Square - Theatre District or nearby.

Looking aroung at your site I decided to ask for help, since you guys cleary have more experience.

I have been looking at the priceline express deals and am wondering what hotels might be offered (for my dates I see 3.5 for 177, 4 for 224 and 4.5 for 250).

Thanks in advance for your help, I will definitely post feedback with my final decision.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $250
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Time

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $178
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Gallivant

4* Times Square - Theatre District  (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $224
Fitness Center
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Night

Would any of these possibilities be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks a lot for your help, checking the options I see that the Galivant charges a Resort Fee, while the other two don't. I guess this fee is not included in the priceline price, is it mandatory or could one choose not to pay (and not to use the gym etc...).

Looking at the prices at booking I guess we will take the 4.5 option, since it costs the same as the Gallivant on Booking and I guess we would be able to get something a little nicer.

I'm not sure how flexible you budget is (as i'm sure you have already learned this is an expensive time of year in NYC) but if you're wiling to go a little higher i would recommend this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $283/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one is the Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan which is a fairly new hotel and has received excellent reviews.  It is not in Times Square (which can be a good thing as it gets very crowded at times and can be difficult to walk on the sidewalk) but is an easy 10 minute walk away... so you get the convenience of being close to Times Square but not necessarily right in the heart of it.  The Crowne Plaza Hy36 also has good subway access being 2 1/2 blocks from Penn Station.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

First of all thanks a lot for your help so far. Last week was quite busy so I did not have the time to look into thinks more in detail. Checking the Priceline Site again I see that offers very quickly, as do the fees charged. Right now there are several offer which sound very tempting, maybe you can help me again to possibly identify the corresponding Hotels behind the deals. I am currently looking at the following 3 deals (ordered by preference):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for 204$/night with:

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Fitness Center

Business Center

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District Area for 247$/night with:

Pets Allowed

Non Smoking Areas

Fitness Center

Business Center

Restaurant

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park Area for 198$/night with:

Free Internet

Non Smoking Areas

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Any guesses? 

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, hollab said:

offers very quickly

Yes, which is why you should check the replies as soon as they are posted so that the offers researched don't disappear.

Best guess / comments for each:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $236/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
==> Tryp Times Square South

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $286/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Element New York Times Square West

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $229/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> Dylan Hotel

I'm very familiar with NYC, is there something in particular you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just noticed that in my last post I mixed up $ and €, sorry for that.

I just booked 4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for 229$/nite and did indeed get the Dylan Hotel (used the referral link and the discount code).

Very happy with the outcome, thanks for your great help. Will definitely recommend your site.

Regards, 

Holger

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see that you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome... we're happy to have been able to help!:smile:

For breakfast one morning i recommend this place which is about a 10 minute walk from your hotel:

Ess-A-Bagel

831 3rd Ave (on Third Ave between 50th and 51st St on the east side of the street)

==> there will almost always be a long line but it goes fairly quickly... have one person wait online while the other waits to try to secure a table in the seating area

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this new amenity set for this hotel in the New York City Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]