Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East) Stanford Court San Francisco

amazingdream
By amazingdream,
in

Hello Experts,

I had an experience with Hotwire in the past that their hotels star rating is a little off from my understanding. For instance, I chose a 4* hotel rating in NYC and the website gave me a Holiday Inn.

When I called Hotwire and they explained that their star rating will be based on the hotel service too. In this case, Holiday Inn is provide 4* hotel service and that's why it's rated as 4*.

If you searched this NYC holiday inn in Goolgle, it's rated 3*. Because of the previous experience with Hotwire, I am very hesitating to use Hotwire again.

Would anyone please share with me your knowledge/experience with Hotwire Hotels star rating? Any surprise of finding out the hotwire hotel they assigned to you after you purchased?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding.

It's not unusual to see variations in star rating across a particular chain. While many Holiday Inns are 3* or 3.5*, occasionally there are instances of Holiday Inn properties in some major cities at the 4* level.

If you need assistance with a particular stay, let us know the details of the stay (desired budget, date/s of travel, zones of interest, desired star rating and any other factors) and we would be happy to go over some of the possibilities on PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

To add to the comments above...

How long ago did you win the 4* Holiday Inn and in what city and zone was it located in?  Many years ago (maybe 5+) HOTWIRE did inflate their star ratings, but they have since gone thru a major re-rating of their hotels and 'star inflation' is not as much of an issue as it once was.  Indeed, there can often be a fine line between what is a 3* hotel vs. a 3.5* hotel... or a 3.5* vs. a 4*, but you can look in our Hotwire Hotel List (and we also have one for priceline: Priceline Hotel List) to see the hotels that have been reported to the board and the last known star rating.

If you let us know more about your trip (dates of your stay, desired locations, budget, etc) we can have a look at what is available and our best guesses for anything that looks to be of interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

What are the dates of your travel and the room rate per nite?

Also, if you search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and click the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button next to this offer are there additional amenities beyond what you have listed above?

Is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this HOTWIRE hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $149.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> from the San Francisco Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Stanford Court San Francisco Hotel and would be my best guess for this one (also confirmed by the 'What Hotel Is This' feature in the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool )

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]