Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Theater District - Loop) Kimpton Gray Hotel

macomb586810
By macomb586810,
in

Sep. 28-30

95% recommended
4.5 TripAdvisor w/2000+ reviews

Bed choice offered;
Hotwire is saying the last person booked this got the Langham.

5-star Hotel in River North area

|  95% |

(2001+ reviews)

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

1 king bed Your room type is guaranteed.

Fri, Sep 28 - Sun, Sep 30

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center

$306/night
This is either the Langham or Trump.  I've never seen the Langham rated on TripAdvisor anything less than 5.0 though.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

5* HOTWIRE River North for $307.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> if this is the full amenity set you're seeing, best guess for this one would be The Trump

Does this work for your needs this trip?  If not, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this stay and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's not as centrally located as the Trump, but I'll suggest on HOTWIRE:

5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $322.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Waldorf, for not much more than the potential Trump.

There's also:

5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $317.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Park Hyatt, but I'd rather the Waldorf for a few dollars more.

I'm very familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any city or hotel questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Excellent advice and I will definitely try using the EASY VIEW TAB and I will certainly book using the preferred HOTWIRE link provided by your site.

Honestly, I love the Langham and that is the hotel I am will to spend $300+ on via Hotwire.  I just love everything about it and prefer it over the Park Hyatt (older and corporate feeling).  The Waldorf just seems a bit stale for my taste.  I will keep checking hoping the Langham becomes available based on the amenities that I know are unique to it.

I'm also considering booking the 4.5 Theater district which appears to be The Gray, Kimpton Hotel.  If I can't get the Langham for $300ish, then will likely go for the Gray. 

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $226
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Kimpton Gray

On HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Theater District - Loop for $207.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Best guess would be the Londonhouse.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance. I will note that there's a 7,500 person conference during this period and a very large 21,000 person conference that starts on the 30th so there is that demand during this time (and Fall in Chicago is often busy in general.)

Ran another search today and found this option:

4.5* Theater District Loop
$201/night

95% Recommended
FULL AMENITIES: Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

Kimpton Gray Hotel  ← OUR BEST GUESS 

The Wit a Doubletree Hotel 

LondonHouse Chicago 

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago 

How likely is it that it is the Gray?  Do any of these hotels share the exact same full amenities?  It can't be the LondonHouse bc they are not pet friendly (service pets only).
I really do not want the Monaco as it needs renovation and the rooms are dated.

Your advice is much appreciated.

25 minutes ago, macomb586810 said:

How likely is it that it is the Gray?

Nobody can answer this in terms of a percentage... but you've been around the board long enough (10+ years) to know that we are good at what we do and have a very high success rate of our guesses being accurate.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]