Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Sfo International Airport - Burlingame) The Westin San Francisco Airport

nemesis
By nemesis,
in

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've done this!

I am looking for a minimum 4 star hotel in San Francisco, September 1-2. I guess my absolute max is around $120, but hoping to settle around $100 or so. I know that may be a little optimistic.

My zones are pretty much anything in walking distance to BART, since I'll need to head to airport on Sept 2: Civic Center South - South of Market, Financial District - Embarcadero, South of Market - Moscone Center, Union Square East - Nob Hill, Union Square West.

I remember rebid zones, but can't immediately find what they are for San Francisco with these conditions.

Would appreciate the help 🙂

4 hours ago, nemesis said:

I guess my absolute max is around $120, but hoping to settle around $100 or so. I know that may be a little optimistic.

Based upon current rates for your dates your expected bid amounts are not realistic... for a 4* or better hotel in one of the zones you have mentioned above you will more likely need to be around the $140-$160 range.

What is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable 4* hotel thru conventional booking channels?

What are you willing to compromise on: budget, star rating, or location (the airport zone will likely get you something in the $100-$125 area)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

13 minutes ago, nemesis said:

priceline tends to add 40-50 in taxes/service charges

Not exactly.  PRICELINE / HOTWIRE do charge a booking fee which would amount to approximately $8-12 on a one nite booking... otherwise you pay the same taxes/fees as any other hotel guest (and since taxes are based upon a percentage of the room rate, this part should be cheaper thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE since it's based upon a lower room rate :wink:)

As well, we have a current Hotwire Coupon that takes 5% off your purchase, which can mitigate much of the booking fee (our Priceline Coupon requires a 2 nite stay)

40 minutes ago, thereuare said:

What is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable 4* hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Have you checked regular retail rates at 4* hotels for these dates in the zones you mentioned above... as i'm seeing rates starting at $200+ (not including fees/taxes)

If PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs and you do decide to book a regular retail rate hotel please do so thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (which has a great interface to find a hotel in the location that you're hoping for and sort/filter by price and there is no booking fee).

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this trip (even if not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just continue this thread once you decide how you'd like to proceed (even if for a different location, we can move the entire thread as needed)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just an update. I decided to just book something closer to the airport. Just decided on today's Hotwire express deal. 4 star hotel near SFO - Burlingame Area for USD 138/night. Used the link, got $USD10 off, for a grand total of USD162.

I ended up with the Westin, which I'm quite happy with with the free shuttle and all. It's going for about USD200 on booking.com. 

I don't know if it's useful, but I made a screenshot of amenities shown, but not sure how to add it.

Either way it showed "Airport shuttle, Business center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Smoke-free rooms" at the pre-booking page and "Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry" after booking. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]