Hotwire Hotel: London Help

genx
By genx,
in

Hi

Will be visiting London after my cruise for 3 days. Need a hotel from Oct 6 to Oct 9.

I will be likely traveling back to London using national express bus to London from South Hampton on Oct 6, On Oct 9th will leave via Liverpool Street station on Stansted express to STN airport. 

ideally we would stay near liverpool station but open to suggestions.

Ideally price range would be $200-$300 a night. I just signed up for amex platinum card and should have hilton gold and spg gold soon.

Also, I have a $20 off coupon for Hotwire, would you recommend buying one night at a time?

Thank you

GenX 

Your budget is not likely going to be an issue at all to stay around Liverpool Station, but is this going to be the most convenient to the attractions that you intend to visit during your stay?  While you could save a few dollars by being walkable to the Liverpool Street Station for your departure, what if this puts you 10-15 minutes further away to get to/from your tourist activities each day... wouldn't it just be better to save that time and spend $20 on a taxi to the station the day of your departure?

To get started, i am seeing what appears to be the Andaz London Liverpool Street for about $220/nite which looks to be adjacent to the Liverpool Street Station and therefore should meet the criteria you laid out above... so is this the ideal property for you?  Other than location (given my comments above) what is it that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip?  What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help. I am now trying to finalize plans for my trip. I have some credit card points and can use those for likely one of my stays. I have another stay during the same trip to Prague (will create seperate thread). Can I please get your help identifying a few hotels.

Hotwire

London Oct 6-8, 2 adults 2 children

1. 4-star Hotel in Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben area

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerRestaurant(s)Self-service laundry

Accessibility

Accessible path of travelIn-room accessibility

90% recommended

$257/night

2. 4-star Hotel in Mayfair - Buckingham Palace area

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Children's activities

Kitchenette

90% recommended

$278/night

3. 5-star Hotel in Knightsbridge - Harrods area

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Boutique hotel

Children's activities

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Spa services

Tennis nearby

85% recommended

$372/night

Priceline Express

4-Star HotelWhat Hotel 

Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria Map

Fitness Center,

Restaurant 

Bed Choice

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Restaurant

8/10

$116/night

Thank you for your help

Let's take this systematically...

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, i don't think that $116/nite rate is available (i saw it but when clicked on got a message that it was no longer available and/or 'sorry you're having problems with our site' both of which are indicative of an offer no longer be available).  However, i believe this is likely the same offer which is now priced a few dollars higher:

4* Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $132/nite with:
Fitness Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> i'm not certain but the Doubletree By Hilton London - Westminster would be my best guess for this one

As for the other properties, given that they are all $250+, and the hotels in your Prague Old Town Hotwire hotel thread are all priced under $200/nite, if the $132/nite PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above doesn't work for your needs wouldn't it make sense to use you points for this leg of the trip? 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

EDIT TO ADD: i just realized you need accommodations for 2adults/2children and i'm not seeing a room choice offered for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property... are you comfortable booking a room in London for double occupancy when you will actually need quad occupancy, or did you have some other gameplan?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping that PRICELINE would offer a room choice. If we recieved a double bed that would be touch but a single week may work. My kids are 5 and 2 years old.

Are you able to help me identify the options on Hotwire for Prague so I can compare the points value and decide.

Also for Europe do you recommend booking ASAP or if we not pick just waiting for a couple days before?

Thanks for your help.

22 hours ago, genx said:

I was hoping that PRICELINE would offer a room choice.

Please check the listings to first confirm that a bed choice is offered, otherwise there is no point in us taking the time needed to research the property.  I would not recommend booking a hotel in Europe for double occupancy and showing up with four people unless a specific room choice was offered that is designed to accommodate quad occupancy.

For some of the HOTWIRE hotels above I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE and our WHAT HOTEL IS THIS features).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for each:

4* HOTWIRE Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben for $257.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> using the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW 'What Hotel Is This?' tool our best guess would be the Park Plaza Victoria London

4* HOTWIRE Mayfair - Buckingham Palace for $278.00
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Childrens Activities
==> from the London Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Nadler Victoria and would be my best guess for this one

5* HOTWIRE Knightsbridge - Harrods for $381.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Tennis
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> once again use the WHAT HOTEL IS THIS feature from the BiddingHelper.com EASY VIEW tab you can see that the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel would be our best guess here

Do any of these work for your plans?

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]