bidding help NYC

jimaleg
By jimaleg,
in

I'm not currently seeing any 4.5* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates... are you still seeing this one on your own search?

If so, are you able to click the offer and get to the booking page (vs. seeing a message that the offer is no longer available)?

I'm very familiar with NYC, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes  I know you know NYC you helped me identify barclays last Oct.

Anyway, I just did another search and I found the same 4.5 in grand central.  It's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.  I am signed in which maybe makes a difference? I also can click through to booking.  Here's all the info from the website.  I don't really have a budget....just want a nice hotel at a great price.  If this is Hilton UN, it looks like a good deal.  Any ideas?

About This Hotel

Sports, cocktails and city views await your arrival here.

When you book a 4.5-star Express Deal, you'll get an excellent brand-name or independent hotel with impeccable service, attention to detail and distinctive decor.

.5-Star Hotel  

Grand Central Terminal - UN AreaWith prices this low, most hotels won't let us show their identity until after you book

This deal saves you 32% or more compared to similar hotels 

$135 /night

Best Price. GUARANTEED

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non Smoking Areas

8+

Very Good Guest Rating

I'm not seeing it either, although $135 for a 4.5* is certainly a good rate for these dates. Is location important or are you just looking for a nice place to sleep for one night? 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks guys for looking...I ended up booking directly with Hilton One UN Plaza on  AAA special for 185 including tax for a queen.  I figured with the double points offer through 8/31 plus being gold (28 points/$) plus Amex Hilton (12 points/$)....I should clear 40 points per $ or close to 7400 HH points which was worth the extra $16 (I had a 10% off express which brought the total to 169 and change).  The hotel is now sold out for sat night.  I'm 90% sure that Express offer was for the Hilton Millinium one UN Plaza but I now I know.  Sometimes the express deal or NYP isn't always the best deal.  Even with double points and no AmEx card is would have been 3700 points which is worth about $18.50...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Enjoy your time in NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]