Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Copley Square - Back Bay) Hotel Commonwealth

xtinefu
By xtinefu,
in

Hi, my husband and I are travelling to Boston from Aug 23-26. I would like to try out betterbidding for the first time, my budget is 100-130, 3-4 star hotels. 

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend tips on bidding, if 100-130 would be a fair price to place the bid? If won, is it possible to change the reservations at all if circumstances requires?

Thank you for helping out a newbee! 

Much appreciated,

Christine

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

If you're looking to Bid on Priceline which zones are you willing to accept and are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel or is your goal the least expensive 3* or better property?

I will add that if you want a little more control over the hotel you may receive i think these are some of your better offers for these dates:

3* HOTWIRE Seaport - Convention Center for $129.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Aloft Boston Seaport would be my best guess for this one

NOTE: the Seaport is not the most convenient location for the average tourist, but it is do-able, being about a 15-20 minute walk to the 'heart' of the city, or via a nearby metro ride

3* HOTWIRE Copley Square - Back Bay for $137.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Boston Hotel Buckminster

If you're willing to stretch your budget just a little bit the following is very close when used with our current Priceline Coupon:

4* Back Bay - Copley Square (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Sheraton Boston Hotel is my guess for this one

Let us know if any of the above are worth your pursuit or if you'd prefer to Name Your Own Price on PRICELINE.

Do you have some circumstances that you think would require that you cancel the reservation?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take one of the offers outlined above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the reply!

I have been bidding with under $130 but with no success on 3 or 4* hotels on Priceline, (there's no bidding function on Hotwire, is there? at least I couldn't find it). So I decided to try HOTWIRE, through BiddingHelper.com from BetterBidding.com, where I found a daily deal of $128(50% off) for 4 1/2* hotels in Copley Boston -- the area I wanted to stay.

Thank you Betterbidding! So happy with my first try of using your website and it had helped me to find a hotel within budget.

4.5* HOTWIRE Copley Square - Back Bay for $128.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower

Booking Details: 

Hotel Commonwealth

Room

$384.00 ($128.00 per night x 3 nights x 1 room)

Taxes & fees$95.28

Trip insurance$15.00

Trip total (USD)$494.28

Trip total per night (USD)$164.76

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this hotel and are looking forward to your stay at this well reviewed property.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]