Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (White House) The Westin Washington, D.c. City Center

trevms
By trevms,
in

Its my first time visiting DC with my wife and 2 teenagers and I'm unsure of the best location and value hotel to stay in. My budget is around US$100 per night.

4-star Hotel in White House area

| 90% |

(1001 - 1500 reviews)

1 Room, 2 Adults, 2 Children

Fri, Aug 17 - Mon, Aug 20

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby

Any ideas on this hotel or others you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

T

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Hollywood Beach hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For the HOTWIRE offer above:

4* HOTWIRE White House for $97.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center and this would be my best guess here (which would also be a very good deal given the regular rate at this property for your dates above are nearly twice as much)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I updated my previous search. Sorry I forgot to do it.

The Westin sounds great - but they have a hefty Hotel charge of $120 on top of the price of the room.

What about this hotel at $106 per night?

4.5-star Hotel in White House area

1 Room, 2 Adults, 2 Children

2 queen beds Your room type is guaranteed.

Fri, Aug 17 - Mon, Aug 20

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB then click the green "Full Amenities" button, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

On HOTWIRE I'm seeing:

4.5* HOTWIRE White House for $106.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Madison.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

This is what I get for the Full Amenities search....

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

1 hour ago, trevms said:

The Westin sounds great - but they have a hefty Hotel charge of $120 on top of the price of the room.

Where do you see this as i don't see anything about this property charging a resort fee or anything like that.

The two hotels i think are fairly similar in terms of reviews... the Madison is probably a bit more upscale given the slightly higher star rating and a bit more boutique-y.  There was some recent construction taking place at the Madison but as far as i know the demo work has been completed.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and at a great rate too!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]