Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Empire State Building Area) Life Hotel, Nomad

Amy31
By Amy31,
in

Hi all 

New to bidding and trying to find a bargain for our break to NYC in Sept! We've booked flights already so our dates are set (20th-24th).

I'd love a 4* but would settle for less as we are on a budget of around $220 a night including taxes and charges. 

Location wise, we're really flexible so anywhere that is central and close to the subway.. was thinking midtown/hells kitchen may be a bit cheaper?

I have found this one on priceline express.. any ideas? 

4-Star Hotel  

Empire State Building Area

Amenities

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non Smoking Areas

$190 per night

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

4* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $185/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Avalon Hotel

I'm also seeing this 4* in the same zone for a few dollars less:

4* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $173/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> LIFE Hotel, NoMad is my best guess here

Do either of these work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Both of those look like really good options and within our budget.. YAY!

Is there one you would recommend over the other? Also, best to book now or hold off and see what else comes up, only concern with this is that I know our dates are going to be pricey. 

Any other areas to consider?

Thanks so much for the help 🙂

There's no guarantee, but rates can often head higher and do so suddenly. There's no way to know how traffic will be for this period, but at least traditionally, the Fall in NYC is a busy/expensive time. Rates may come down, but there's a risk that they go the other way, plus the risk of inventory on these listings running out of inventory and being replaced by something less appealing. The Life Hotel NoMad is a newer property, which opened around Spring of 2017.

Definitely use the 5% promotion in my signature, which takes about $34 off the total of the potential Life hotel.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi guys, thanks for all your help. 

Just to update you - I went with the Life hotel in the end.. Saved £250 and means that we are not stuck in a bleak airbnb!!

Will definitely be using this site to help plan the rest of my trip 🙂

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm and add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

One suggestion for breakfast a short walk from your hotel:

Best Bagel and Coffee

225 W 35th St (in 35th St between Seventh and Eighth Avenues on the north side of the street)

==> it can be crowded but the lines moves fairly fast.  Order on the line on the right side and then take your ticket to the register to pay.  If you can't get one of the few tables or counter seats walk back towards your hotel but stop in front of Macy's (the Sixth Avenue side) where you can try to get a table out front where you can sit and eat your breakfast while taking in the sights/sounds of NYC (another suggestion is to walk to Times Square and sit on the bleachers behind the TKTS Booth as you dine al fresco with a view you can't get anywhere else in the world)

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]