Priceline Hotel: Hotel in New Orleans from 10/25 - 10/29

katohren
By katohren,
in

Hello! I am trying to book a hotel in New Orleans, LA. I'm trying to decide if I would be better off bidding or taking a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal? Also, if I should wait or keep holding out. It's a popular time as a festival is going on and it's near Halloween.

So far, right now I am looking at a PRICELINE EXPRESS bid on Priceline. The star rating is 3, it's in New Orleans in the Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District Area. My travel dates are 10/25/18 - 10/29/18. The room rate offered is $86/night. The amenities shown include Business Center, Free Internet, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center, and Non-Smoking Areas. I thought this might be Staybridge Suites but I'm not sure.

Also, can I do anything about the bed situation? I'd definitely like to have two beds instead of sharing one if possible.

Thanks for your help!

PS: Edited to add... I would like to not pay over $100 a night if possible. I'd love to stay in the French Quarter area but it seems very expensive there. So, French Quarter, Downtown, or Convention Center area would be preferred. Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. 

If this is traditionally a busy time in New Orleans with a festival going on and there are options under $100 I wouldn't recommend waiting. Reasonably priced options are already limited and prices can go up suddenly. In terms of needing more than 1 bed, are there more than 2 adults in the group? 

If you bid, you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone/s chosen, whereas with PRICELINE EXPRESS an educated guess can often be made about which hotels may be showing given the information offered. Additionally, there is currently the 5% off PRICELINE EXPRESS promotion in my signature, while there is no promotion for bidding currently.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS, I'm seeing: (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District (<<<--CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $109
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Guess would be the Renaissance New Orleans Warehouse District or the Loews New Orleans. Either would be an excellent result and with the 5% promotion in my signature, that's only a tiny bit over the $100 budget and for a 4* that gets a 9+ customer rating. Either possibility would be a great win IMO and for not much more than the potential 3*.

3* Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District (<<<--CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $86
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Not certain on this listing, but a guess would be the Springhill

With PRICELINE EXPRESS, some listings will offer bed choice option and sometimes 2 beds is one of the options offered (in major cities, often at a premium.) Unfortunately, neither of these listings show bed choice. On HOTWIRE, if you search for more than 2 adults you should get some sort of bedding for the entire party (may be 2, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.) However, on HOTWIRE unfortunately I'm not really seeing anything under $100 for these dates.

You can call the hotel after booking and request a room with 2 beds.  The hotel may say yes, but also may say no or charge more. There's no way to know and it may depend on your dates or who you talk to. 

If two beds is a must, then I would look into other options but those will be over the $100 budget.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions at all before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

2 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4* Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District (<<<--CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $109
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Guess would be the Renaissance New Orleans Warehouse District or the Loews New Orleans. Either would be an excellent result and with the 5% promotion in my signature, that's only a tiny bit over the $100 budget and for a 4* that gets a 9+ customer rating. Either possibility would be a great win IMO and for not much more than the potential 3*.

I believe the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel is the more likely of the two for this one, and i would also agree that for the very high user review rating it might be worthwhile stretching your budget an extra $5/nite... you're looking at a great deal here with this hotel selling for over $270/nite for your dates, and assuming you like the guess(ed) properties, i would not suggest waiting.

2 hours ago, AaronJB said:

3* Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District (<<<--CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $86
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Not certain on this listing, but a guess would be the Springhill

If you are still interested in this property i don't think the Springhill Suites is likely as this chain usually shows a Free Breakfast amenity (and most in the chain don't have Restaurants... i'm not sure if this particular location does or not)... my guess for this one would be the Courtyard By Marriott New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]