Priceline Hotel: Advice needed 7/18-7/20 Chicago

senoragilbert
By senoragilbert,
in

Hi, everyone! I’m a longtime Hotwire and Priceline user, but I’m stumped here. My son and I want to take the few summer days he has off from work and see the sights in downtown Chicago, especially the art institute, Millennium park, river walk, pizza, and a show (we are improv people so thinking second city). I started looking last week Monday, and I could just kick myself. Last week, the Hyatt Regency was showing up on HW (bed type, amenities, and TA rating educated guess) for $141. Now the only 4* in that range is the Talbott, which I’m sure is very nice, but a single queen will not work for my 15-year old man-boy and me. Everything else in the downtown area is 200+. There is one possibility, I think it’s the Hyatt again, on a Priceline Express, for $179 and the 5% discount here at the top of the page. Should I just bite the bullet and pay that much, or are prices likely to drop off again last minute? Thanks, everyone!

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

3.5* Downtown - River North (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $167
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the AC Hotel or Aloft City Center; either result would be a very good deal in the River North area. Easy walk to Michigan Ave and Red Line transit, tons of restaurants within easy walking distance.

4* Downtown - River North (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing)  for $172
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Talbott would be my best guess. Unfortunately the likely result would be a queen room, as that really has been one of the most consistently well-reviewed 4*'s in the city.

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park (<<<---CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing)  for $179
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet

>>>Not certain, but the Hyatt on Wacker would be a possibility.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know if rates will go lower between now and your stay. Rates definitely do not always go lower closer to the stay; they can easily (and suddenly) go higher, especially during a traditionally busy period if traffic comes in above expectations.

I'm very familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any hotel or city questions.

Please keep us updated with what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you so much! A few prices have loosened up on HOTWIRE today, I will keep checking and jump on a good deal when I see it, of course using the links from this site! Aaron, are you suggesting the River North zone instead of Millenium Park or Mag Mile/Water Tower? 

I’ll be sure to report my win and edit this thread when I do! Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]