Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

goldendeal
By goldendeal,
in

bidding started at 41.00 in downtown Houston area, free rebids up to 50.00 and i recieved Hyatt Downtown Houston...Not overly thrilled with this...yes price is right...but I wanted the Hilton Americas, my favorite hotel in Houston...oh well...parking seems to be an issue with this Hyatt, self parking available but no one can seem to find it,,parking is 26.00 a night...little steep to say the least. When will Hyatt decided to remodel this hotel is anyones guess but seems over due. Hyatt rates 185.00 + 17 % tax for these dates

higest rejected bid 48.00

update on parking at this hotel....16.00 self park, which is in a privite lot across the street or 21.00 to park in hyatt self park lot,,anyone familar with this area knows enough not to park in a open privite lot for the night. Hilton Americas in same general area charges 9.95 for their secure parking lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I have parked on the surface lots many times over the years and have never (yet, knock on wood) had a problem.

The lot across the street does take credit cards, so it's relatively easy. If you are willing to walk one block further, the lot on the other side of Milam is only $5 after 5pm until the morning--one of the "fold up the dollar bills and stuff it in the numbered slot" type parking areas. (This is also a good lot for the Residence Inn or the Courtyard)

Of course, if you are real cheap, you can park on the street for free after 6pm as long as you move or feed the meter by 7am. Polk street has some metered spaces between Louisiana and Milam where you don't need to feed the meter until 7.

There are also a precious few meter spots on Smith (the street on the backside of the hyatt).

I agree that the Hilton has a better parking setup and is a much nicer hotel...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]