Priceline Add A Nite Feature

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

I've just noticed that Priceline has changed the rules of the "Add Nights" feature. Previously, one could add nights up till 24 hours prior to check-in time. Now one can add nights to a stay that has already begun, adding up to the same number of nights booked originally.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever used the add-a-night feature? Can you be rejected from adding nights? I am thinking of bidding for 4 nights in Markham, Canada for a 3* hotel. The 4th night rates are much higher than the previous 3 nights. If I can't get a bid accepted for the 4 nights and bid for 3 nights and use the add a night feature can I be rejected?

• 3 months later...

I just used the Add a nite feature, but the hotel could not guarantee that i will not have to check out at 11am and check back in at 4pm. They said to check with the front desk when I check in. Thats scary!

Will see what happens, going to the Sheraton Manhattan Hotel in New York.

If the hotel is selling rooms on Priceline it stands to reason that it has many unsold rooms. It's very unlikely that you would be required to vacate the room for the transition day. Never happened to me and I've used this feature several times.

I just used the Add a nite feature, but the hotel could not guarantee that i will not have to check out at 11am and check back in at 4pm. They said to check with the front desk when I check in. Thats scary!

If they make you check in twice they're not offering good service in that regard. Even a small, independently owned 2* I stayed at a few months ago was able to "combine" the two back-to-back Priceline reservations I had after using Add a Night so that only one check-in would be necessary. I've been told that Hilton and Hyatt will do it (even when the two reservations are one from Priceline or some other third party supplier together with one booked directly with Hilton or Hyatt). The software capability is definitely out there. Guests in such circumstances clearly deserve the convenience and peace of mind of not having to check in and out twice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question on the "add a night" feature. if I book 2 rooms for one night can I "add-a-night" on only one of the rooms?

Last month I had 1 night at the Omni in Washington DC for $100 using priceline. After we checked in we decided to stay another night, I went down to the front desk and asked if we could stay another night at the same $100 PL rate. The desk clerk said NO, the best she could do was $305, I said thanks anyway. Went back upstairs, got on laptop and bid $100 again and got the same hotel. Downstairs I went again and asked to keep the same room tomorrow night, the clerk was amazed that we got it again for $100. She said we could keep the same room. Well worth it in Washington DC :)

• 7 months later...

If you had already bid the extra nite(s) and only won the hotel when shorting your stay (and were rejected for the complete stay at the same price you won the shorter stay)... then i would definately wait.

If you are offered the extra nite and never bid that nite (or bid at lower amounts) and there is no major price change between the date(s) you won and the date(s) you're thinking of extending to... then i'd definately extend the nite(s) when offered.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I had booked a Hilton Hotel in London for $81.00. My plans changed and I wanted to add one more night, the night before I was to check in. It had the offer in the reservation so thought I would get it without aa problem. I changed my plane tickets at a fee, then went back to Priceline to add the one night before. It said, as always, to add a night at the same price. When I went to do it it told me no rooms were available at that rate but offered to showe other rates. The rate went from three nights at $81.00 to the extra night at $325.00. WOW!!!! I was shocked. If they cannot offer it at the same rate, why tell you to go ahead and try it? Fo many find this is the problem? Since I had to pay a fee to change my plance ticket, this has become a very expensive one night!

they cannot offer it at the same rate, why tell you to go ahead and try it? Fo many find this is the problem? Since I had to pay a fee to change my plance ticket, this has become a very expensive one night!

PL is an opaque system. If you know that you can add a night at $$$. You could tell your friends. So they always show add a night.

WillTravel,

1. Could you give an estimate how many times PL said no when you tried to extend your stay, 30%, 50%, 60% ??

2. I'm trying to bag a hotel for two nights in Fort Lauderdale. The rack rate is $10 higher on the first night, saturday. The diffrence in price on HOTWIRE is $20 between the two nights. So I was thinking to try to hit it on sunday and then use the add a night. What do you think of that? I'm ready to gamble on this one.

Thanx in advance.

Henrik.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your Florida stay so that this thread remains on topic for others who are looking for general information regarding priceline's add a nite feature. (we an then add a link to your post above to the thread regarding your specific stay, and WillTravel (and myself :) ) will add some thoughts there.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I reported a 3 night stay at the Grand Hyatt in San Francisco at $75.00 a night. Last night I decided to extend my stay, so used the extend priceline feature. Usually I get a no or yes answer. This time I was told I could extend my stay for $105.00 a night. I was surprised, but decided to do that, as it would have been too much trouble to change hotels. If one averages the nights, the outcome is $82.50 a night. Not bad

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone:

First time user on this board and it looks very informative. I am planning to be in LA beach area (Santa Monica) on 10/19-24 and was planning to use PL for 3* hotel. I have a question on my biding strategy as I am not familiar with the "Add A Night" feature. Can I bid only for the first night and see if I get the hotel that I want (Holiday Inn in Santa Monica Pier) and then use "Add A Night" to add the other 4 nights. Is there any catch with "Add a Night" feature? Do you have to bid again or can you get it at the same price (assuming you add a night right the way).

Thanks in advance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]