GA Atlanta Hilton Airport

Speeder
By Speeder,
in

Stayed 2/25/06, paid $50 (or $52, can't remember) for the night.

Overall we were pretty under-impressed. The room was about what I would normally pay $50-$65 for, nothing really special. Had I been charged the $175 that our checkout bill said was the normal rate, I would've been quite offended. It's like you're paying $110 extra for the prettiness of the lobby.

The front entrance was completely blocked up when we arrived, so we decided to just park and then go to check in. After some confusion with the attendant, we finally figured out that if you drive around to the back of the lot you'll find the rear entrance, which is just a short escalator ride from the front desk.

Checkin was pretty mechanical, nothing exciting there. We asked for a king and were given one with no problems. Like I said, the room was pretty standard. The most impressive thing in it was the breakfast menu - $11 for a donut and coffee!!! The most memorable thing was the $100 they wanted for a fifth of Jose' Cuervo tequila.

The bathroom was OK. It had Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. The tub, toilet, and vanity are all in the same room, with a mirror over the wetbar outside the bathroom. No real complaints on any of the bathroom.

There are a ton of restaurants right around the hotel, and your parking pass (I think it was $6 or $8) has in-and-out priveledges. The restaurant prices & choices were a bit high for us, so went out and had a wonderful meal at Malone's across the street.

Internet was $9.95 wireless which we opted not to purchase.

Overall, I would've preferred to stay in a less full-of-itself hotel. We felt really out of place. We passed a couple of families coming in the back door with pizza or leftovers and my husband joked that this lower-level back-door was like the place they routed the people they weren't too proud of. You had to go out of your way to get up to the pretty lobby level. Just kind of cold and weird overall, but no outright complaints.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]