Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Lower East Side - Chinatown) Wyndham Garden Chinatown

blkjck1
By blkjck1,
in

Thinking this might be the Holiday Inn - LES, which hasn't been reported to the board on a Priceline Express basis.  On Hotwire, it looks like a match at $175.  I first thought it may be the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, but they were offering a king bed, or bed choice assigned at check in, which based on past stays there, wasn't an option.  There was some thinking it could also be the NobleDen, but there isn't a restaurant on site.  Does the board agree with this analysis?  

Business Center, Restaurant,  Free Internet, Fitness Center,  No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, 8+rating

Proud to be Canadian!

Pretty sure I've got the EVEN Hotel Brooklyn here.  

Hotwire Hotel: 4* Downtown Brooklyn 7/24/18-08/01/18

Amenity set: Free Internet, Business center, Fitness center, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms 

4.5* rating on Tripadvisor, 301-500 reviews.  

Think I've nailed this one?

Proud to be Canadian!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I'm not currently seeing any 4* hotel offered in the LES zone when searching for your dates above... are you still seeing this one on your own search?

If this is the zone you prefer to stay in i am seeing the following thru HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $175.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

For the Brooklyn hotwire hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Brooklyn for $146.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i would agree that the Even Hotel Brooklyn would be the best guess for this one

Do either of these work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Priceline Express hotel New York City thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I pulled up the PL option again today on my iPad app, it showed that deal had sold out.  The Holiday Inn-LES would not be my first choice, given all the traffic that comes with the Williamsburg Bridge, and the lack of a PRICELINE EXPRESS subway option to midtown via the F subway line without transferring.  I can live with the EVEN Brooklyn, but would rather find something in Manhattan at the same approximate price point without being in the FiDi.  I'll keep lurking.

Proud to be Canadian!

Not sure of your needs but a bit closer to midtown and even a little cheaper than the above:

3.5* Central Park South (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> The Shoreham Hotel is my best guess for this one

4* Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $163/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> YOTEL New York Times Square

... or is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yotel is a not an option because of the daily resort or facilities fee.  I'm also trying to stay with a hotel that has at least a 4* rating on Tripadvisor, and I really don't enjoy the east side from midtown up, so Shoreham is out.  

Splitting my bid is an option, but I'll give it another week or so before I seriously consider that.  I'm getting too old to want to schlep with my bags through the subway more than arrival and departure.

Proud to be Canadian!

Some of what I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4.5* Empire State Building Area for $184
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the newer James NoMad

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $191
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza HY36, which has been getting mostly excellent reviews since it opened not that long ago.

Would either of these be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide.

In doing some research for a split bid, I came across what seemed to be a familiar hotel for me.  Given the pricing for the dates and that prices offered have been a little higher than historical averages, I didn't think I was going to get anything better.  

For the July 27 - August 1 time frame, I came across a listing for the Lower East Side for a 4* for $151/night with this amenity set: 

Free internet, Fitness Center, No Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant

Surmised that this was the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, and since I'm traveling solo (and no whining spouse complaining about having to pack up and move), I can make a hotel switch after my first three nights there.  After applying the 5% Better Bidding Priceline Coupon and taking the $5 nightly trip cancellation insurance, the all in cost was $925.15.  After hitting the button to buy the room, it was indeed the Wyndham Garden Chinatown.  The lowest all in price on the Wyndham hotel site for a prepaid room was $1231.85, so I saved about 25%.  Onto looking for a room the first three nights.

Booked using the site's PRICELINE link.

Proud to be Canadian!

Congratulations on your success!

Great to see you received the hotel you were expecting and that you're happy with the outcome for this leg of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay for this part of your trip; for help with, or to report a win for, the remaining nites of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]