Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Tryp Times Square South

R_N1
By R_N1,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates $175 all-in is not going to be realistic for a 4 star hotel in the Times Square zone (and quite possibly not for any zone in Manhattan).

I'm very familiar with the NYC area... what exactly are your needs for this trip and what is your back-up plan if you're not able to find something for less than $175/nite all-in, would you go down in star rating, consider other nearby areas, lower star rating, or travel during a different period?

Are these dates firm or can they be changed?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi 

I would be able to go up $225 per night if possible as long as I can still get a 4 star. Dates are fixed unfortunately.

Hotwire has a hotel for $244 any idea which hotel it is?

Amenities

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible path of travel

Reviews

Hotwire customer reviews

70%recommended(292 total reviews)

Overall satisfaction

Condition of hotel

Quality of service

Room comfort

Room cleanliness

Location of hotel

Priceline Express $244 any idea which hotel this is?

about This Hotel

Glamorous interiors grace this hotel close to Times Square action.

When you book a 4-star Express Deal, you'll get high standards of service, upscale amenities and beautiful decor.

Here are a few examples of well-known hotel brands you might get:

Regards

For the HOTWIRE hotel I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as they has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $225.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Yotel New York and that would be my best guess for this one.  However, this property also has (as per the HOTWIRE listing) a $34/nite resort fee, which in addition to the $225/nite rate (which is before fees/taxes) is going to be well over your $225 maximum all-in budget (even with the board's current Hotwire Coupon of 10% off)

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS property we would need to know the amenities that are associated with the offer, but similar to the property above, what is the point if it's substantially over your budget?

As i mentioned above i am very familiar with this area, if you let us know what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, as well as your true budget, we can try to help you find something that meets your needs.

Have you been to NYC before?  Why is it that Times Square is the only zone that will work for your plans this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi 

My wife only wants to stay in Time Square. Will be doing Toronto after New York so we can save a bit there to cover the difference. 

Not sure how to find the additional amenities for the Priceline Express. There is 3 listed below, any chance you know which hotels they are?

Good 7+ /10

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Actual room may vary.

Kids Stay Free

1 child under 12 years stays free of charge when using existing beds

Check-In:

Sat, Sep 22, 2018

Check-Out:

Sat, Sep 29, 2018

Queen Bed - Smoking Or Nonsmoking Superior Room

$244

per night

Lobby is beautiful. Location is in walking distance to theatres, time... see more

Amenities:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Actual room may vary.

Kids Stay Free

ALL children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds

Check-In:

Sat, Sep 22, 2018

Check-Out:

Sat, Sep 29, 2018

Accessible Room

$232

per night

The location was conveniently close to everything.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Actual room may vary.

Check-In:

Sat, Sep 22, 2018

Check-Out:

Sat, Sep 29, 2018

Smoking Or Nonsmoking Standard Room

$218

per night

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers:

4* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $230/nite with:
Fitness Center
==> either the The Manhattan at Times Square or The Row NYC... i'd slightly favor the Row as being the more likely of the two, but either are likely

4* Times Square - Theatre District (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $252/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Night Hotel Times Square is my best guess here

HOWEVER, i will add that you will spend far less time in Times Square than you think.  Some people choose to avoid it as you need to navigate around the crowds of people that are on the sidewalk each time you go to/from your hotel... i don't think it's necessary to avoid the area, but i also don't think it's necessary to only target this area.  There are often better values around the city that are still super convenient and have good subway access.

Let us know if any of the above are of interest and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Hi 

Any idea which hotels these are for September 22-25th 2018?

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Save 10% or more*

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?

(click me)

$ 262

per night

Times Square - Theatre District Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Save 18% or more*

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?

(click me)

$ 282

per night

Bed choice available

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area Rated 9.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed

Fitness Center

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Save 18% or more*

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?

(click me)

$ 293

per night

The dates above a sub-set of your previous New York City Priceline hotel thread... have your dates changed, have you made other plans for the first few nites of your trip, are you looking to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, or are your dates not yet firm?

Booked thanks. 4.5 Star hotel details below was the Tryp by Wyndham Times Square South

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Save 10% or more*

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?

(click me)

$ 262

Congratulations on your (partial) success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

For the remaining nites of your trip please start a NEW TOPIC for each set of dates (HOWEVER, is there a reason you are looking to break the remaining nites into two separate stays rather than one... is it worthwhile to make 9/25 a nite on its own and have to change hotels twice during this trip rather than just change hotels once??)

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]