Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

dirtmod23
By dirtmod23,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your expected/target budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd recommend staying along the river or North of it. Parts of the Loop (especially the West portion of it) can be quiet/very quiet at night.

There are some reasonably priced options (especially considering Chicago in the Summer) for these dates such as:

HOTWIRE (and you can use the 10% off promotion in my signature)

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $113.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Sofitel

4* HOTWIRE River North for $119.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  With a 4.5/5 tripavisor rating on the detail page, best guess would be the Dana. The Dana has been seen with this amenity set previously.

4* HOTWIRE River North for $139.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Embassy Suites Downtown

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

3.5* Magnificent Mile -Gold Coast for $113
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet

>>>Best guess would be the Residence Inn Mag Mile

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance. I'm very familiar with Chicago and happy to answer any hotel or city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Free breakfast is a key figure in what me and the wife are looking for, but the location of the hotel is pretty key because we will walking most of the time downtown, and what is the parking situation like downtown? Is it cheaper to park with hotel or a different parking garage, and what are parking prices like?

You can see the parking rates at the Millennium Park city lots downtown here: https://www.millenniumgarages.com/multi-day-rates/

Otherwise, parking is very expensive downtown unfortunately - hotel parking is generally $55-70+ per night.

The River North area is a terrific choice - it's an easy walk to a very wide variety of restaurant options. It's also not too far from many hotels to a subway station and Michigan Ave. The Water Tower zone is a bit further North and also an easy walk to the Michigan Ave area. The top end of the Water Tower area is the Gold Coast, which is an area that has a lot of nightlife and a number of popular dining options. River North would be more central in the city as a whole, but both River North and Water Tower would be good choices.

While breakfast at the hotel is a nice added value, I will note that there are plenty of great breakfast options in the city.

Let us know if you have any questions at all before booking.

4 hours ago, dirtmod23 said:

Free breakfast is a key figure in what me and the wife are looking for,

I wouldn't let this be a guiding factor in a large city such as Chicago... it should be easy enough to find a local bakery, donut shop, etc. (Eatily??) where you can get coffee and a baked good for about $10 or less for two people... and if you look closely at the hotels above, the 4* properties without breakfast seem to be a much better value (at least a $10 better value, imo) than those that offer Free Breakfast.

Also note that Free Breakfast is not typically an amenity that is associated with 4+ star hotels... i would seek both breakfast and parking separate from the hotel.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From the original list of hotels above this one:

13 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4.5* HOTWIRE Magnificent Mile - Water Tower for $113.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Sofitel

... is not only the highest rated, gets 4.5/5.0 TA rating, but is also the least expensive.  So why not this one??

I have stayed here and it was a very nice hotel, imo.  It's about a 25-30 minute walk to Millennium Park so i wouldn't want to stay too much further north than here, but it's a very nice walk since you're basically passing all of the stores/shops of Michigan Avenue along the way.

I don't know specific parking garages nearby but i'm sure you'll find one separate from the hotel (parking at any hotel in the city will be expensive... a private garage less so), but to re-iterate, i wouldn't focus on the parking as there are garages all over the city.  If you really need to watch your budget and the parking expensive is going to be 'make or break', you can always drop one person off at the hotel with luggage and have them check-in while the other person goes and parks the car at a more remote location with the cheapest parking (and the walks or takes a bus back to the hotel)... assuming you're not going to need your vehicle until you depart the city (at which point you do the same in reverse... go and retrieve the car while the other person checks out of the hotel and waits in the lobby with the luggage).

If you do end up at the Sofitel there is an excellent Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza place that is an easy walk and for a 'high end' meal  Gibson's is right down the block as well.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

A few additional thoughts:

1. The Sofitel is a very easy walk from the Red Line subway stop at Chicago and State. Once you park in Chicago, there's definitely no need for the car during your time in the city.

2. There's a very pretty Argo Tea stand with an interior area to sit in a park across the street of the Sofitel. It's also an easy walk to the very nice (and very little) Hendrickx Bakery (http://hendrickxbakery.com/menu/) and 3rd Coast Cafe (https://www.3rdcoastcafe.com/menus/) There's also tons of other great options elsewhere if you're going to eat breakfast on the go towards someplace else. Let us know more about likes/dislikes and I'd be happy to offer further suggestions. Thereuare also mentioned Eatily which is a lot of fun and not that far a walk from your hotel to the South if you go along Rush st.

3.  If you're in the mood for a long walk and it's a nice day, its a pleasant trek from the Sofitel to the Old Town area and Lincoln Park/LP Zoo.  You can also take the subway from the nearby station up to Lincoln Park and go to restaurants like local instiution Ann Sather (https://www.yelp.com/biz/ann-sather-restaurant-chicago-3) for one of their cinnamon rolls. 

Happy to answer any other city questions.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the link below.)

4* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park for $103
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Hyatt on Wacker.

The Hyatt (which is actually the largest hotel in the city - it's a giant convention hotel) is fine,  but I think the Sofitel is definitely a nicer property for only a bit more. Definitely use the HOTWIRE 10% off promotion in my signature.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

It's the Summer in Chicago (which is not a slow period of the year like February, when it's bitterly cold) and it's not that long before your stay. There is always the possibility that rates can go lower, but rates can also go up suddenly just as easily and/or the listing may be replaced by something less appealing. At $113 for a 4.5* in Chicago in the Summer, the risk IMO leans more towards the possibility of prices going higher. Additionally, there is the 10% off promotional code in my signature, which expires soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Alright almost finishing up the book now another question. Trying to do research on a parking garage, looking for parking garage between July 5th 10am- July 8th 10am. Do you know is SP+ parking on 111 E Chestnut is 24/7 come as you please parking garage or is it parking garage where you can only enter and exit once

All parking garages are going to be pay upon entry/exit... the one advantage of parking directly with the hotel is that it usually includes in/out privileges (which is why it is also expensive... you are paying for that right).

However I think you are putting the cart before the horse... first confirm your hotel (before it disappears and you have to start all of the research from the beginning) and then figure out your best parking option once the exact hotel/location is confirmed.

Do you have some side trip that you intend to make that you need in/out privileges, since as noted above you really don't need a car once you are in the city (as you then also have an issue of where you will park once you drive someplace else).

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Congrats on your success.

This is a really terrific win for this superbly located property. The subway is a very easy walk from this property and there's lots of dining options nearby. Taxis are fairly easy to get, but I think you'll find yourself using taxis/uber less than expected. Chicago is really quite walkable.

Definitely let me know if you have any other city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]