Priceline Hotel: NYC help for Sep/11 - Sep/18 2018

Patricio
By Patricio,
in

Hello :)

I am travelling to NYC on September 11-18 (1 week) with my wife, and prices seems somewhat high right now, and looking for alternatives I got interested in bidding (even PRICELINE EXPRESS ones) but I´m a newbie to this bidding thing.

We would like to book something in a good Manhatan location, prefferably close to subway stations and south of central park, on a 4+ star hotel, I´m trying to keep rates below $250 (with taxes / fees) but this is not writen in stone. Just worried of resort fees that are hidden and can screw me up :)

Thanks and apologise for my bad english/grammar ;)

Patricio

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with this area and will try to assist, but as you point out, i am seeing fairly high prices for these dates (it is the start of high-season in NYC as the weather begins to get very nice at this time of year) as well as 9/11 being a busy date with many coming to visit downtown in order to pay their respects (and indeed the early nites of your stay do appear to be more expensive than the later nites of your trip).

To get started would SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID be an option? (meaning that you split this stay between two different hotels... the downside is that you have to change hotels mid-trip, the upside is that you can stay in two different areas of the city and save money)

Think of a scenario like this (just an example, not specific to your actual dates):
First 3 nites:

Hotel A = average nightly rate $200

Hotel B = average nightly rate $300

Last 3 nites:

Hotel A = average nightly rate $300

Hotel B = average nightly rate $200

So using the example above if you were willing to change hotels you could average $200/nite for the complete stay, taking advantage of the cheaper nites at each property... but if you were not willing to change hotels, then each would average $250/nite over the entire 6 nite period.

To given you an example of how this could work for your actual dates:

For 9/11-9/14

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $236/nite with:
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> from the Priceline Express Hotel List this matches previous reports for the NobleDen Hotel, which being in lower manhattan is not the most centrally located property, but it is located near some sights that you would likely want to visit  over the course of your vacation (Chinatown, Little Italy, Lower East Side, Stock Exchange, World Trade Center, etc)... and it is convenient to a few different subway lines that would have you in midtown/Times Square in about 15 minutes.  This hotel also gets excellent reviews and is currently ranked the #20 hotel in NYC

Using the board PRICELINE link and our Priceline Coupon these 3 nites (the more expensive of your trip) comes to $840 all-in (including taxes/fees/etc)

For 9/14-9/18 you have a few options:

4* Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $195/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Distrikt Hotel New York City Times Square is my best guess here which is another highly rated hotel and has a central location, however, this hotel does charge a resort fee so after the board Priceline Coupon you're all-in is looking at $1031)

==> using the two above your average rate per nite, would be $267/nite all-in, which is very close to your target of $250/nite and you would be at two very nice hotels, imo

Would the above work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll also note:

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Rockefeller Center $213

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry

>>>Best guess would be the Jewel. The total per night on average after taxes/fees would be a bit over $250 (about $275), but very good location and strong reviews (there is a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page for the HOTWIRE listing.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for all the insight and help my friend, at first glance would preffer to have a unique stay, although it seems a smart choice spliting them ... I´m from Brazil, and this week the dollar exchange rate has sky-rocked :( So i´m thinking to make the actual Bid by the month end (my credit card good date). I know that it is difficult to predict future prices, but how you see(guess) the prices are going in the next few weeks - stable, up or down ?

Best regards and will certainly use the links you supplied as well

Patricio

33 minutes ago, Patricio said:

stable, up or down ?

Yes, one of these :laugh:

There is no way to know, but besides the prices moving up/down, the other 'risk' is that these offers disappear entirely.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward and commit and we will have a fresh look at prices/offers at that time.

We also have a RateDrop service (utilizes the same log-in you use on the BetterBidding board here) where you can set alerts for any zone and star rating combination... so you could set an alert, for example, should any 4 star PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel in the Times Square zone drop below $200/nite (or whatever zone, star rating, and/or price you choose)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]