Priceline Hotel: London Mayfair Soho Bid help July 2-5, 2018

trvlnut
By trvlnut,
in

Hi:

I need to book a hotel July 2-5, 2018 and I'm considering bidding through Priceline.  I've never bid for a hotel located outside of the US so I wonder if a better price can be had through bidding than just booking directly or through an online website.  Please offer some feedback and/or strategy for bidding.

Thanks

Is the Mayfair-Soho zone the only one that you're willing to accept or are other nearby zone and/or popular zones acceptable as well?

What is your desired star rating and maximum budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to be in this area but will look at other locations that are within my price range.  Also, near the Piccadilly line would be nice but not required.

I think I'd like to stay between $175 and $200.  It's just me staying in the room so I don't need anything huge but I want a modern room (flat screen, fast wifi) that's clean and preferably near the Piccadilly line (this isn't a deal breaker).  I'd like a 4 or 5 star hotel but realize this may not be doable.  If I need to pay more so I'm not staying somewhere substandard, then I will.  The max will be around $250.

I stayed at the Sanctum and The Strand last year at this time.  Both locations were nice but preferred the Sanctum.  The hotels were clean and nice.  

Closest option i'm seeing to your needs/budget at the moment would be:

4* Mayfair - Soho (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $231/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my best guess for this one would be The Grand At Trafalgar Square... and the board's Priceline Coupon will take another 5% off

Would this work for your needs this trip or do you want to explore other zones? (if other zones, which ones?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've decided that I'm willing to pay to stay in the Mayfair/Soho area.

Three options:

PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals

Hotwire (never booked through them)

PL name your price.  I've done this quite often but haven't done it internationally.  I would only bid for 5 star using my free bid areas.  The lowest price on PL is $314 for a 5 star.  I thought about starting at $220 and working up from there. 

Out of the three options, which do you recommend?  

My highest is $275 per night.

TIA!

On 6/15/2018 at 4:49 PM, trvlnut said:

I want a modern room (flat screen, fast wifi) that's clean and preferably near the Piccadilly line

If you bid on PRICELINE (see our new site www.BiddingForHotelRooms.com for easy access to PRICELINE's bidding page) and have no guess as to the hotel that you will be assigned how do you ensure the 'wants' above?

The only PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel that meets your budget criteria is the following:

4* Mayfair - Soho (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $268/nite with:
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> my best guess for this one would be The Nadler Soho Hotel

On HOTWIRE i see the following offers (along with my best guess for each):

4* HOTWIRE Soho - Leicester Square for $219.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Strand Palace Hotel

4* HOTWIRE Soho - Leicester Square for $229.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> The Grand at Trafalgar Square 4

4* HOTWIRE Mayfair - Buckingham Palace for $237.00
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Childrens Activities
==> The Nadler Victoria

4* HOTWIRE Mayfair - Buckingham Palace for $266.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Holiday Inn London Mayfair

4* HOTWIRE Mayfair - Buckingham Palace for $276.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible
==> Hilton London Green Park Hotel 

5* HOTWIRE Soho - Leicester Square for $313.00 (just outside of budget when using our current Hotwire Coupon)
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Do any of the above work for your needs this trip?

Let us know what you decide to do or how you'd like to proceed and how we can be of further help.

• 4 months later...

Free is a good price.:biggrin:

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]