Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown/river North

beldwell
By beldwell,
in

I am looking for a hotel in the downtown area for 9/6-9/8.  I am seeing a 4 star  for $111 for a Chicago Loop/Grant Park Area (80% recommendation).  The amenities are

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

When I selected the hotel from the Bidding Helper Screen, the price went down to $105.  Do you have any ideas what this hotel could be?

If you click the offer and then on the PRICELINE EXPRESS page click the 'VIEW ALL' link (you may have to first close the 'You Found a Great Price...' pop-up window on their page to see the VIEW ALL link) do you also see a Smoke Free amenity listed:

4* Chicago Loop - Grant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $105/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> if this is what you're seeing best guess for this one would be the Hilton Chicago

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to note, the Hilton is at the South end of the Loop area. It's definitely a good choice if you need to be in town for a convention at McCormick or in the Loop (a short cab ride to much of the Loop and an easy cab ride to McCormick), but in terms of shopping/restaurants/nightlife I'd recommend being around the river or North of it.

I'm very familiar with the city and happy to answer any hotel (or city) questions. If the Hilton is not of interest, let me know more about what you are looking for (area, star rating, budget and any other factors) and I would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $134.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Best guess would be the Godfrey, which is within easy walking distance to a wide variety of restaurants in River North.

3* HOTWIRE Theater District - Loop for $120.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Hilton Garden Inn North Loop, which is a newer HGI 

In the West Loop, there is:

3.5* HOTWIRE West Loop - UIC - United Center for $157.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza West Loop, which is near West Loop dining options, but would definitely be a trek to everything else downtown. 

Would any of these options be of interest?

How about:

3.5* Downtown - River North (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $104/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown/River North would be my best guess for this one

4.5* Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park (<-- CLICK HERE confirm your dates on the landing page) for $129/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
==> The Fairmont Chicago my guess here (which would be a very big savings vs. a conventionally booked room at this property for these dates)

Either of the above work for your needs this trip?

Please be sure to use the links above or any PRICELINE EXPRESS link on the board (and not the link in the priceline email with your coupon) to begin your purchase.

Good luck, let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided that the location of the 3.5 star in River North couldn't be beat for this trip.  I booked via the link, and it was the Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown/River North!  Thanks so much for your help!  I think that should be a great location for us!!

Congrats on your success.

Excellent win for this very nice (and well located) Courtyard in River North. Tons of restaurants right nearby - I'm very familiar with Chicago, happy to help if you have any city questions.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]