Priceline Hotel: Chicago 3.5+ 7/13-7/15 Help Please

Randi
By Randi,
in

There are quite a few major events happening the weekend I am staying. There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $76 at the OHare Westin that looks tempting. I am willing to use public transport. I am carpooling into town and likely flying out.

i am attending an event in Lincoln Park on the 14th. I have to enter at Barry and Lakeshore. I am not finding a lot really close to that area.

Should i I try biding for something more downtown? Which area? Would prefer to spend under $100 a night. Prices overall are pretty high. The hour train and bus doesn’t sound fun, but payingless for a hotel is important. I am buying a 3 day CTA pass either way.

9 hours ago, Randi said:

I have to enter at Barry and Lakeshore. I am not finding a lot really close to that area.

If you search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for '3 miles' from 'W Barry Ave & N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60657' you can zoom in/out on the map to see:

1) there may not be a lot of hotels in the immediate area

2) what hotels are in the area are extremely expensive (i suspect based upon the event you're attending) and therefore you won't see a whole lot offered on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE as the hotels likely have very high demand and can fill rooms on their own at high prices

9 hours ago, Randi said:

Should i I try biding for something more downtown? Which area? Would prefer to spend under $100 a night. Prices overall are pretty high.

I don't think your budget is realistic for something Downtown... at current prices anything 3*-4* is going to run you about $150-$175, imo.  At under $100/nite i don't see too many options other than by the airport... it comes down to price vs. convenience.

I would also look at your mass transit options to the entrance location of your event and then follow it away from the event... see if there are any other options along your mass transit route in order to reduce commute time, but with the high prices in the area i think your budget is going to be your biggest limiting factor.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From which direction are you driving in?

I'm seeing in the North suburbs:

3.5* HOTWIRE Northbrook - Wheeling for $89.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hyatt Deerfield. There is a Metra station right down the street.  The Metra goes into Union Station downtown and then you can take the CTA up to Lincoln Park. The Hyatt is in a very nice area and there's also the expressway nearby if you wanted to drive into Lincoln Park. Very nice Hyatt, as well with larger rooms. I've stayed there a few times.  The Metra trains are a lot nicer than the CTA trains, with two levels and bathrooms; if you're going to have to ride 40-45 minutes into the city, it's a lot nicer trip. The Metra trains do run less frequently on the weekend, but there is a weekend pass. Also, free parking whereas the Westin ORD parking is $29 a night.

You're looking at $165 + city parking (or super expensive hotel parking) downtown. There is nothing of note in LIncoln Park (there are very few hotels in LP as is; if there's something going on all of those quickly fill.)

I'm very familiar with the area - let me know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]