Priceline Hotel: 4* Asheville (Downtown Asheville) Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

Adventure44
By Adventure44,
in

Hi, 

I tried bidding for a 4 star downtown.  I started at $76 and got up to $101 with no luck.  I am curious about this express deal.  

3 stars 

Asheville Downtown

July 31st - August 3rd

$104

Amenities: free internet, parking, breakfast, non-smoking, bed choice, business center, fitness center, pets allowed, swimming pool with 9+ rating 

I would prefer a higher star hotel, but free parking, swimming pool, and a high rating has piqued my interest.  Thanks for your help.  I used links on this site for all my travel searches.

I got an email that I could bid the exact same bid in 2 hours for 4 stars downtown ($101 pets, internet, restaurant, 8+).  Does that mean I am close for 4 star in downtown?  Should I bid the same price or wait or bid lower in 24 hours?

I also decided to try for what I am guessing is the Grand Bohemian (4 1/2 stars pets, restaurant, fitness center, internet, and business center) in Historic Biltmore Village.  I am willing to pay more because it looks like an amazing hotel within walking distance to restaurants and breweries.  I started at $106 and ended at $136.  

Sorry for all the updates and questions.  I am not sure if I should have started a new thread.  

You can keep all questions for this stay in this thread (then once you make a purchase use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the thread which will enable you to edit the topic title to reflect your win as well as add a reply with the details)

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

3* Downtown Asheville (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $104/nite with:
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess would be the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC

1 hour ago, Adventure44 said:

Does that mean I am close for 4 star in downtown?

The wait time between PRICELINE bids is now 2 hours (no longer 24 hours).  The email from PRICELINE is just letting you know that you're eligible to bid again... it is no indication that you're any closer or that the price has dropped since you last bid.

When PRICELINE does send you an email please don't click the link in their email and return to the board and click our links here to begin your bidding.

As PRICELINE is constantly moving their bidding page around and making it more difficult to find, note that we have set up this page www.BiddingForHotelRooms.com which you can bookmark to make it easy to get to a priceline bidding form (or use the BiddingHelper.com bidding tab)

For a 4* hotel i don't think you are too far off... at the moment i think it would currently take about $110-$125.

Currently the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection for your dates start at $268/nite (which is a currently discounted priced from $315) so i don't think you're in the right ballpark here with your $136/nite bids given that it is well under half of the currently discounted price.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed or what you ultimately decide to do for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When looking at the bidding page of PRICELINE the amenities shown are not for a specific hotel that you are bidding on, they are amenities that are offered at every hotel in the zone at that star rating (ie- if every 4* hotel in the zone offers a Restaurant they can list that as a guaranteed amenity, if every 4* hotel in the zone has a Pool they can list that as a guaranteed amenity, etc, etc).  In fact, at this point of the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates, so it would be impossible for them to list the amenities of a specific property that you're bidding on.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, 

I tried bidding for a 4 star downtown.  I started at $76 and got up to $101 with no luck.  I am curious about this express deal.  

3 stars 

Asheville Downtown

July 31st - August 3rd

$104

Amenities: free internet, parking, breakfast, non-smoking, bed choice, business center, fitness center, pets allowed, swimming pool with 9+ rating 

I would prefer a higher star hotel, but free parking, swimming pool, and a high rating has piqued my interest.  Thanks for your help.  I used links on this site for all my travel searches.

Isn't this the same hotel we looked into in my first reply to this thread:

5 hours ago, thereuare said:

3* Downtown Asheville (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $104/nite with:
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess would be the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson, Asheville Westgate, NC

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

I wasn't referring to the hotel that you purchased, i was referring to your post 3 above this one:

16 hours ago, Adventure44 said:

I am curious about this express deal.  

3 stars 

Asheville Downtown

July 31st - August 3rd

$104

Which was the same hotel in your original post:

23 hours ago, Adventure44 said:

3 stars 

Asheville Downtown

July 31st - August 3rd

$104

Which i had already researched:

20 hours ago, thereuare said:

Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Enjoy your stay... the Indigo does get very good reviews.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]