Hotwire Hotel: Orlando Disney recommendation 9/20-9/23

miaminemo
By miaminemo,
in

Staying for a few days before a work trip and will be taking the kids to Disney.

I had no intention of staying at a Disney resort until a hotwire search states it would be 1 of 4 hotels, 3 of which were disney. Based on info from this site I am 100% confident it would be the "Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek".

That is not a bad option for 90 a night, but I am wondering if there are better options, and what price I should be expecting to pay to stay at a disney report for those 3 nights?

Any advice is appreciated on what deals may be available or what I can expect to find.

I will certainly remember to book via the links provided on this site!

To confirm, are you searching for 2adults/2children?

Would the goal be to stay on-site in order to be at a Disney owned property OR are you just looking for the 'extra magic hours' and being able to sign-up for fastpass time prior to your trip? (as there are now some properties in the Disney Springs that offer the extra hours and fastpass sign-up)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well to get started HOTWIRE only allows you to search up to quad occupancy per room... were you looking to book 2 rooms for this trip OR are you comfortable booking for quad occupancy and showing up with five people?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately PRICELINE is even more restrictive... all reservations are for double occupancy.

What is your budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I would not say I have a budget, but am not looking to spend a fortune. My plan if I cant find anything better is to stay at the embassy suites on jamaica court as that is where my company is putting me up sunday through thursday night. I can stay there for ~180 a night the nights leading up to my work event so probably something in that range.

What I don't know is how safe it would be leave all the luggage in a rental van in the disney parking lot on a sunday if we go to the park in the morning before I could check into my next hotel. This probably isnt the forum for that question though.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:03 PM, miaminemo said:

Unfortunately retails prices for Disney aren't realistic for my budget.

1 hour ago, miaminemo said:

I would not say I have a budget

... do you see the contradiction above?

Could you 3 year old pass as a 2 year old? (or is this child big for age and/or nearly 4 years old)

Most people are looking to stay on-site in order to get access to 'extra magic hours' (when a given park each day opens early only to Disney hotel guests... although you still need to have a 'regular' entrance ticket to that part for that day), able to access Fast Pass registration 60+ days in advance, and for transportation to/from the parks.  There may be other benefits to staying directly on-site, but in my experience (i'm not a Disney-pro, but have learned enough from researching my own trip with my family a few years back and from helping/learning people on the board) these are the primary reasons why guests want to stay 'on-site'.

HOWEVER, starting this year there are also some Disney Springs properties that also offer the above 3 benefits... these properties may be more along the lines of 'regular' hotels that now offer the Disney perks (vs. an on-site property which may be more Disney-centric throughout), but the Disney Springs properties are generally cheaper than the on-site hotels and for many offer enough of the benefits to make them worthwhile.

Would the Disney Springs properties be of interest? (and still let us know about the 3 year old 'appearing' as 2 years old as that will also dictate some of our options)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]