Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Orlando (Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek) Walt Disney World Swan Hotel

ashleymarie
By ashleymarie,
in

Hi - thank you for the welcome! I'd be glad to use the links. Here is what I am seeing.

PRICELINE: 4.5-Star Hotel for $232 for 7/6-7/8 (not seeing it come up for any other surrounding dates)

Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek Area

Rated 8 out of 10 or higher

Saves 44% or more

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Non Smoking Areas

Pop-up message said someone else just booked the resort for $414.

We have moved your thread to its own topic so that the title of this thread can be used to reflect whatever you decide to do for this stay (and in turn it can have its own link in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps)

For this offer:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $232/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

The above would not likely be Disney's Beach Club Resort (as you suspected in the previous priceline express hotel thread you replied to) as the amenities above are quite different than the amenities that were shown when the other user you won the Beach Club.

The above might be The Swan but i am NOT certain as i have reasons to doubt this guess but it's the closest match i'm able to find.

What are your needs for this trip and your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)

Do you just need the two nites and are your dates firm (or are they flexible and you can travel some other nites)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, following up but I do indeed think it is the Swan. I was very interested in this same deal! It is kind of misleading because it does not show any resort fee. (Is that allowed?) It also shows the Swan as sold out if you try and book it non-express deals. 

ItsJessa,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with, or to report a win for, your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, ItsJessa said:

Ok, following up but I do indeed think it is the Swan. I was very interested in this same deal! It is kind of misleading because it does not show any resort fee. (Is that allowed?) It also shows the Swan as sold out if you try and book it non-express deals. 

It is indeed the Swan.

I took the chance and booked it last night because I felt certain it could NOT be the Swan or Dolphin with no additional resort fee listed. How could it be when every other listing for either hotel that I could find does include a line item for the resort fee? Even if you check just the night of 7/6, you can find a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for the Swan with the resort fee listed — I know this for a fact because I get a “Hint! You’ve booked here before!” message when I look at the page now that I ended up booking the Swan last night. Nothing against the Swan — it’s just not what I was wanting to book, as I wouldn’t be saving vs. just booking a Disney Deluxe directly between the resort fees to be paid at check-in and not having Disney’s complimentary airport transportation. 

Additionally, for a traditonal

double bed room at the Swan, 44% discount coming to $232 does not seem right at all. For their fancy rooms with resort views or suite level, maybe.

I was on the phone with Priceline for ages last night trying to sort this out because I feel super misled by them about the resort fee not being listed. I have screenshots of everything I have mentioned - they clearly made an error on this particular listing. It was a horrible call where I was given the runaround by a rep and their supervisor who wouldn’t budge. The supervisor even admitted I was correct that there would be an extra $31.50 per night due at check-in after calling the resort to confirm. I really feel like this particular listing was falsely advertised...

I do want to thank those who replied offering their guesses! I don’t know if I’ll ever be doing PL again after this though.

Sorry to hear this wasn't quite what you were looking for, but based upon my previous guess and comment above at least you knew that this would at least be a possibility.

While this is about the same price as a regular rate booking at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel , you're getting The Swan, which at least according to PRICELINE, is a higher rated property so not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

You could try calling PRICELINE again and hope for a more sympathetic customer service agent, but not sure you have much grounds for them to make an exception to their rules.

Hope you can ultimately make this work for your needs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]