Priceline Hotel: Chicago 6/11 to 6/14 Tips

TheBugster
By TheBugster,
in

Hi,

I am coming on the 6/11 to the 6/14 - sorry if this isn't the correct thread/etiquette but tearing my hair out! I just got back last week from a trip and all over the city the rooms were dirt cheap. I'm now looking for these dates and the prices are absolutely crazy! I'm looking for a 4+* hotel downtown, by the park or River North but I am struggling. Wondering if there is a big conference on or something?

Could anyone shed any light/give suggestions?

many thanks

Hope you enjoyed your stay last week in Chicago. If that stay was a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE purchase, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the details of the win (zone, star rating, price, dates, amenities) as a separate thread.

For this period, the issue is a very large convention going on for 6/11-13. 

Are you driving in or flying in? What would be your desired max budget per night?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

No unfortunately it wasn't on Priceline as much as I wanted it to be - I was with 2 others including our CEO so I couldn't cancel my room and get a better room!

Then I feel I could have got a really good deal as everywhere was really cheap - we stayed in the CQ Central Loop hotel which was around $133 a night - but at the moment I can't see anything near that.

Obviously I'd prefer the best * hotel and budget - I guess would be $260 based on the all the pricing at the moment but I have a feeling that would need to be higher looking at the availability but any suggestions would be great!!

Cheers

1. Cheapest option:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Northbrook - Glenview for $74
Free Parking
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
>>>Best guess would be the Renaissance North Shore.  This is a few minutes drive from a train station and in a very nice 'burb. On the train it is about 40-45 minutes each way to downtown on the very nice Metra train. This will work if you're driving. If you're flying into ORD, it becomes too difficult/a long trek because you have to go downtown and then take a train North.

2. Stay 6/11-14:

The cheapest option showing is on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE River North for $312.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Best guess would be the Freehand, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

3. Splitting the stay (the last night is substantially cheaper than the first two when viewed separately.)

6/11-13 on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE River North for $361.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
==>  Best guess would be the Freehand

6/13-14 on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Downtown - River North for $125
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
>>>Best guess would be the Hotel Felix. This property gets somewhat mixed reviews and has small rooms, but is the cheapest 4* for these dates and in a great River North location.

3.5* Downtown - River North for $155
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

6/13-14 on HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE River North for $182.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Dana.

Would any of these options be of interest? Let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

thanks very much for coming back to me - seems the 13-14 may have a lot more availability therefore I could find a Priceline name your price for a good price - do many people still use this option? Many years ago when I came to the States and toured round I used Name Your Price a lot and did really well out of it - is it still used a lot? 

Would I be better off doing 11-13 and 13-14 separately with Name Your Price as the prices may be very different/no availability on the 11-13? Happy to move if it is easy to do so....

Really appreciate your help and I will do my research tomorrow.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

That is expensive!!!  Glad to hear you were able to get somebody else to foot the bill.

Hope you enjoyed your stay and thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]