Hotwire not counting a 0-2yo as a child issue.

Splzero
By Splzero,
in

We wanted to take a trip over Father's day and I was searching for a good deal in Savannah. I found a deal that would work but in my investigation I believe the hotel does not allow children under the age of 16. When I add a child to the search the hotel disappears.  We are traveling with my 1 year old daughter. What happens if the hotel turns us away since they do not allow children? Will hotwire refund our money if we call and tell them the hotel does not allow children before we get there?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

So that we can research the listing, can you confirm the details of the listing (zone name, star rating, price per night, amenities) and date/s of travel? If the potential hotel is disappearing when you add a child it may be an instance where the hotel is not offering more than double occupancy. However, without seeing the listing it's difficult to say either way.

Is the potential hotel the only hotel of interest? Thank you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Assuming this is the property you're seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Savannah Historic District for $184.00
Smoke Free
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
==> i agree the best guess would be the Ballastone Inn

If you purchase this property and contacted HOTWIRE prior to your arrival informing them that you are traveling with a one year old (who you didn't include in the reservation since they define 'children' as 2-17) i can't say for certain what they would do, but in my experience i believe they would likely offer you a refund after confirming with the hotel that they don't allow children under the age of 16.

I would not recommend 'playing dumb' and showing up at the hotel with your 1 year old as it just puts everyone in a bad position... either the hotel allows you to stay (doubtful) and you have to deal with dirty looks from guests who were looking for an adult-only weekend away OR (more likely) you're in a situation where you're left scrambling to find last minute alternate accommodations.

My suggestion would be to take the easy route and choose a different property that may also meet your needs.

What is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are not that many 'adult only' properties (the majority of which are likely all-inclusive properties where it would be risky not to include a child anyway) so It would be a very rare situation where somebody is traveling with a child less than 2 years old, doesn't include them in the reservation, and lands an adult-only property... just too many stars need to align (in the wrong way) for this to occur.

Have you actually purchased this HOTWIRE offer already?  If not, why still consider this one?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]