Priceline Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Madison Square Garden area NYC

daro
By daro,
in

Looking for help to identify this hotel June 14-17, 2018.  This $167 express deal on Priceline is for a 3.5* hotel in Madison Sq. Garden area.  It says bed choice is available but it asks for payment before there is any opportunity to select beds.  

Amenities are listed as:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There are a few glitches with PRICELINE EXPRESS's bed choice designation and sometimes the option is shown when in actuality there really is no bed choice offered.  Do you need a specific room configuration for this stay?

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer:

3.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $167/nite with:
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Homewood Suites New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square and that would be my best guess for this one

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info about bed selection and possible hotel.  Would have been fine with Homewood Suites but we do need two beds so I don't want to take a chance on getting just one. Hilton Honours has $197 for 2 beds at the Garden Inn Chelsea so I think we will go with that.  Tried the link but couldn't seem to use the Hotwire promo code.  Thanks again for your help. 

On HOTWIRE I'm seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $172.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
==>  This would likely be the Homewood Suites as well. This appears when I search for 2 adults and 1 child, which does not guarantee bed type but should result in bedding for the entire party (2 beds, 1 + rollaway or sofabed.) The SRPING10 coupon does work for 10% off, which brings the per night to $154 and change before taxes/fees. On the checkout page, under star rating and zone, there is an "add your promo code" button. Click that, then enter the promo code and that takes off $51.60. Plus, free breakfast at the Homewood is a nice added value over the HGI Chelsea.

HOTWIRE doesn't offer 10% off promo codes very often and given NYC rates, 10% off can definitely lead to some very nice additional savings on top of already discounted rates. While not a guaranteed 2 beds, given that indicating 3 people on HOTWIRE should result in bedding for the whole party make this option of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

In addition to the above...

Are you two people who just don't want to share one bed or how many adults/children do you actually need accommodations for?

I'm very familiar with NYC so if you let us know what your needs are for this trip we will have a look to see if we can save you money (and potentially better your hotel) than your current back-up reservation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you both for your insights. Yes, we are two adults who need separate beds and want to be within walking distance of Penn station. Unfortunately, I pulled the trigger on the Hilton late last night. Several hotels we had considered no longer had two bed availability and we started getting concerned. Did try the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links but ended up booking on Hilton site as they offered a member rate. Wish I had waited for your additional input and strategies for an even better deal.  Live and learn.  Hope to be able to access your expertise with future travel plans. Thanks again for your time and efforts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]