Priceline Hotel: 4* Washington D.C. (Downtown - White House) Jw Marriott Washington, Dc

coondogg97
By coondogg97,
in

Heading to Washington DC for the first time and I really don't know much about the area. Want to stick with the touristy things like the White House and Smithsonian then some good food and drinks at night. So I assume staying in the White House area would make the most sense? It's just going to be my wife and I without transportation. The two hotels I am looking at are below, but I am open for suggestions.

Dates: 5/25-5/28

HOTWIRE

4* - $136 - White House Area 

FULL AMENITIES: Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Pet Friendly

4.5* - $168 - White House Area

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

Thanks!

Best guess / comments for each:

4* HOTWIRE White House for $136.84
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> W Washington D.C.

NOTE: this listing does not currently show a Business amenity, unlike the description you reported above... not sure if you're still seeing this one with/without a Business amenity listed

4.5* HOTWIRE White House for $153.00
Boutique
Restaurant
Fitness
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
Pet Friendly
==> The Madison Washington DC, a Hilton Hotel

NOTE: i'm seeing this for $153/nite

Assuming we're right on the W Hotel, they apparently have a great rooftop bar and the location would be excellent... right next to the White House and an easy walk to the Washington Monument and the National Mall, as well as 2 blocks to Metro Center Station which has 4 different metro lines to get you elsewhere in the city.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize that I wasn't able to check in sooner. It looks like business is still listed as one of the amenities. I was trying to add a screenshot but I am unable to. There are a total of 7 amenities listed:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Pet Friendly

And the price is now $130.68 so it's gone down a bit.

The W sounds like a fun hotel with a lot of nightlife and we would definitely go for a drink, but not sure I want the hotel that I am staying in to be such a popular club at night. 

Four different properties (i would recommend using the links provided below if you are interested in any of these properties to ensure you're moving forward on the one that we researched):

4* Downtown - White House (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $120/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Capital Hilton

4* Downtown - White House (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $131/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
==> W Washington D.C.

4* Downtown - White House (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $145/nite with:
==> The Hamilton Hotel - Washington DC

4* Downtown - White House (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $152/nite with:
Fitness Center
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> JW Marriott Washington, DC

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Do any of the above work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply and detailed options. I ended up going with JW Marriott Washington, DC which came out to be $146 a night. It's around the corner from the W so we will get to enjoy the nightlife and then retire to a quieter hotel which should be perfect!

Thanks as always!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this should work out perfectly for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm the new amenity set for this property in the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]