Hotwire Hotel: 3* Seattle (Seattle Center, Space Needle, And Lake Union) Mediterranean Inn

gsw66
By gsw66,
in

Hi, first time Priceliner here looking for some advice!

I'll be travelling from the UK to Seattle in August, landing Friday 24th August 2018 and looking for a hotel room for 2, checking out Monday 27th.

I'd love to find something 3* (or above) for under $100 per night if possible. If 3* isn't possible then I'd settle for 2*.

I'm looking for something in either of the following districts:

Downtown - Pike Place - Waterfront - Stadiums (zone 2 on Priceline)

Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union (zone 3 on Priceline)

Not looking for much in the way of amenities other than preferably free internet. Free parking would be a nice bonus – we are starting a road trip south from Seattle and collecting a car on the Saturday. We're probably looking to take a day trip to Mount Rainier on Sunday but would still need at least overnight parking for the Saturday and Sunday.

I tried a NYOP bid of £50 (~70 USD) for 2* and above in the areas mentioned above earlier but no luck. I would appreciate any advice on bidding strategy.

I hope this is enough information and thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates your budget is not realistic, as summer in Seattle is peak season due to the cruise ship passengers as well as the incredible weather (among other events).

HOTWIRE does have the following 2 star offered:

2* HOTWIRE Downtown - Pike Place, Waterfront, & Stadiums for $123.00
Restaurant
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess would be the Hotel Seattle... but note this has an extremely low 2.0/5.0 TA rating and a frightening 15% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests; it's therefore NOT recommended

At the moment something that you would realistically want to stay at in the Downtown area will likely you cost about $150 at the 2 star level... $200 at the 3 star level. 

We can certainly suggest a bidding strategy for whatever it is that you would like, but at the moment i think you're not really in the ballpark.

An alternative would be to stay near the airport which would be cheaper and then you could take the lightrail from the airport to downtown (it's about $3/pp each way).  This is certainly less convenient than staying downtown as taking the hotel shuttle to the airport and then the airport to downtown can be time consuming, but it's a do-able option if you're trying to stay within budget.

I will add that one great perk of Seattle for budget-minded people is that most bars/restaurants offer a 'Happy Hour' (sometimes even an additional late nite happy hour) which is not just discounted drinks but also often on food.  If you do your research beforehand you can eat extremely well at many top restaurants at a substantially discounted price.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts in regards to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare, thanks a lot for your detailed response, I really appreciate it.

I saw the 2* on HOTWIRE and it looked like a reasonable deal, but as you say, the reviews are a little off-putting. I could probably stretch to the $150 mark for a 2* hotel if it was going to represent a significant improvement on the assumed Hotel Seattle. How would you recommend going about getting a good price for one of these other 2* hotels?

Simply put you just don't have a lot of options at the moment.

The closest to your budget i'm seeing is this one:

2* Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $171/nite with:
There are no amenities showing, although i assume this may likely be the Inn At Queen Anne

However, if this property is acceptable i would sooner book this REFUNDABLE RATE at $201/nite and hope that something cheaper comes along between now and your trip.  You can use our RateDrop service to monitor prices for various star rating and zone combinations from both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE (as well as individual hotels)... this way should the rate drop you will be alerted right away and able to complete a purchase while canceling the refundable option.   

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 2* on Hotwire seems to have disappeared, which is frustrating.

I tried using ratedrop.com but every time I try searching Seattle for my selected dates it says "Whoops, looks like something went wrong". I've tried both Chrome and Safari without any extensions enabled. Is the site not working at the moment?

Sorry you're having trouble with RateDrop...

It looks like something about this specific search that is 'breaking' the script, as you can see if (for example) you try searching for the same dates in 'Las Vegas, NV' it is working fine.

I will investigate the issue further on Monday morning and post back here once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for letting us know about the problem with 'Seattle' searches.

Splitting the stay isn't the most optimal, but I'll throw out another option that actually offers both a cheaper overall cost and a night at a 4*:

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS

8/24-26:

2* Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $171

>>>Best guess would be the Inn at Queen Anne

8/26-27

4* Downtown - Shopping District - Convention Center - Capitol Hill (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $141
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Hotel Theodore

So this combo would get the per night average down to $161, plus the last night at a newer 4*.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

gsw66,

The RateDrop issue for Seattle searches is now fixed... please let us know if you encounter any other problems.

• 2 months later...

Amenities: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

Got this win on Hotwire. Also applied your 5% off Hotwire Coupon to bring the total down even further! Very happy with the result, thank you for all your help. I will definitely use your service again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]