Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort Area) Clarion Inn and Suites Orlando

jccarter
By jccarter,
in

3* Hotel Universal Orlando Resort Area from 8/15/18 to 8/18/18 for $72 per night.

Free Internet

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

I was just wondering if it is the Holiday Inn across from Universal Studio or Hyatt Place Orlando Universal. 

Please advise.

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this the PRICELINE EXPRESS offering you're referring to (which has more amenities than just the 3 you listed above):

3* Universal Orlando Resort Area (<-- CLICK THIS LINK and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $72/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if this is what you're seeing,  best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Place Orlando Universal

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unless otherwise indicated all PRICELINE EXPRESS properties are for double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.  You can certainly call the hotel after your purchase and request whatever room type you'd like, but there are no guarantees that the hotel will be able (or willing) to accommodate your request.

HOWEVER, sometimes the hotel will show a 'Bed Choice' option and one of the options will be for a room that will accommodate more than double occupancy.  Although technically your reservation is still only for double occupancy, i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue showing up with triple/quad occupancy when a specific room type was booked and that room type is designed to accommodate the number of guests in the group.  To further lessen the risk for this particular situation, it appears that the King bedded rooms at this Hyatt Place have a pullout sofabed (so i assume this would work for your needs) or the other room configuration here is a room with 2 Double Beds (which i also assume will work for your needs).

HOWEVER (yup, a second however :smile: ) the above may be a moot point (i basically included for educational purposes so that you have more information for the future and/or for anyone else that may be reading this thread) as you also have an option from HOTWIRE which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search.  Searching HOTWIRE for 1room/2adults/2children i see this offer:

3* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $70
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Parking
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess here is also the Hyatt Place Orlando / Universal

When comparing the all-in price of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer (when using the board's current Priceline Coupon) vs. the HOTWIRE offer (also when using the current board's Hotwire Coupon) the HOTWIRE price all-in comes to about $2.50 more... so for less than $1/day i would just go for the peace of mind of knowing there won't be any issues at check-in (although if the price differential was more substantial (say $10-$15/nite different making the all-in price $40-$50 more i would sooner take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal as (at least for me) i would feel comfortable given that Hyatt Place properties are oversized, used to accommodating families, and typically have pullout sofabeds... but for $3 i prefer the peace of mind and i would go the HOTWIRE route)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well said. Thanks again for your advice.

One last question, the deal you searched on Hotwire for $70/night was under "HotRate" correct? My apologies, I've never used HOTWIRE before. I only used Priceline Express on a trip to Vegas a year ago. I really like the search options on Hotwire now.

Yes, it's a HOTWIRE 'Hot Rate' hotel... you will need to use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com tool and then click the GREEN 'See Full Amenity' set next to the offer in order to see the complete amenity set.  On my current search the price actually appears as $70.34/nite (and not to be confused with the other 3* hotel in this zone priced at $69/nite... but match up the amenities with those above and you'll be all set)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I used PRICELINE to book the room but the result was totally different than what I expected. The hotel booked was not even in the list of "a few examples of well-known hotel brands you might get: Best Western, Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn, Hyatt Place, Residence Inn Marriott" I don't know what happened. It was Clarion Inn & Suite Universal Studios. Can I contact Priceline to cancel this reservation since it's not what was advertised? Please advise. Thank you.

Sorry to hear you received a hotel that you were not expecting.

When asking for help, or reporting your win, please include the full details of your purchase (including star rating, zone, dates, room rate per nite, and amenities associated with the property).

I assume this is the property you purchased (NOTE: this is different than the previous PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel for $72/nite that you inquired about above):

3* Universal Orlando Resort Area for $60/nite with:
Free Parking
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

What was it that you were expecting (and why)?

As indicated above, the hotel chains listed are examples of what you might get... nothing that indicates "you will receive one of these hotels" (which is something that HOTWIRE has started to begin using)

That's the one that I purchased. I thought it would be the Holiday Inn across from Universal Orlando. I even saved the page before I booked. I feel like I was tricked. It should have stated on the page that "Here are a few examples of well-known hotel brands you might get OR you might get something that is totally different than what is listed here"

Unfortunately i don't think you have much of a case for a refund, but i may have found you an 'out'...

As per the amenity description above PRICELINE indicates that this property is Pet Friendly, but i do not think it is.

Start by calling the hotel directly based upon the phone number and ask if pets are allowed.  If you get the answer that 'No pets allowed' then just say thank you (don't get into it with them that you have a reservation, etc, etc)... and then call PRICELINE telling that that you have a problem as you have a pet but contrary to the description provided by them this hotel does not allow pets.

Good luck and let us know how it goes... then start a NEW TOPIC and we will help you with a replacement hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]