Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center) Omni San Diego Hotel

BergiesGurl
By BergiesGurl,
in

Please assist with identifying these hotels. Have decided to take my son and niece to San Diego, will go to Legoland for a day, Zoo, SeaWorld and Coronado Island. All of the area's seem acceptable for what we are trying to do but definitely want to try to figure out the hotels and then will might try to name my own price, but want to find out my Max using these options.

8/3/18 - 8/27/18

1 Room- 2 adults, 2 children

***3-star Hotel in Mission Valley - Hotel Circle - Balboa Park area  - $118

90% Recommended

Amenities

Free Internet

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Self-service laundry

Smoke-free rooms

***4-star Hotel in Seaport Village - Downtown Marina area $136

85% Recommended

Airport shuttle

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Near beach

Pet friendly

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

***4-star Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area $122

80% Recommended 

Boutique hotel

Business center

Fitness center

Golf nearby

Internet access

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

***4-star Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area $139

75% Recommended

Free Internet

Airport shuttle

Business center

Fitness center

Pet friendlyPool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-free rooms

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are likely more amenities for some of these properties then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

32 minutes ago, BergiesGurl said:

8/3/18 - 8/27/18

To confirm, these dates are correct... a 24 nite trip?

32 minutes ago, BergiesGurl said:

might try to name my own price

If you decide to bid on PRICELINE how do you ensure that you'll receive a room that can accommodate 2adults/2children (since all PRICELINE reservations are only guaranteed for double occupancy)?  As well, note that when bidding on PRICELINE you may not necessarily receive the same hotels as above (which are from HOTWIRE) since each service may have slightly different zone boundaries, may rate the same hotel differently, or a host of other factors that can effect the outcome.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh that is wrong I meant to put travel dates of 8/3 - 8/7. 

I am fine with not getting same hotels on Name Your Own Price, I just meant to establish a limit  for my bidding before I would just go with a HotWire hotel. Unless we find a great deal and like a hotel, there definitely is value to having idea of what you are getting.

I guess there is always a first time, but I have never had an issue at the 4 Star hotels name your own price with getting double beds and checking in with 2 children, but definitely will keep that in mind. 

I will definitely use the site links to purchase Thank You

I ran it again, using the easy view

8/3/18 - 8/27/18

1 Room- 2 adults, 2 children

***3-star Hotel in Mission Valley - Hotel Circle - Balboa Park area  - $118

90% Recommended

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

Smoke Free

Free Internet

Hi-Speed Internet

Business

Laundry

Golf

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

***4-star Hotel in Seaport Village - Downtown Marina area $135.26

85% Recommended

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

Smoke Free

Hi-Speed Internet

Business

Golf

Spa

***4-star Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area $122

80% Recommended 

Boutique

Restaurant

Fitness

Smoke Free

Hi-Speed Internet

Business

Golf

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Pet Friendly

***4-star Hotel in Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island area $139

75% Recommended

Shuttle

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

Smoke Free

Free Internet

Hi-Speed Internet

Business

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Pet Friendly

New Hotel 

***3-star Hotel in Downtown Little Italy - $112

90% recommended

Restaurant

Fitness

Smoke Free

Free Internet

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3* HOTWIRE Mission Valley - Hotel Circle - Balboa Park for $118.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  No guess

I'm not seeing a 4* in Seaport for $135 and change when searching for 2 adults and 2 children for these dates. I am seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Seaport Village - Downtown Marina for $136.00
Pet Friendly
Near Beach
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess for this listing would be the Westin.

4* HOTWIRE Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island for $122.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Hotel Republic San Diego

4* HOTWIRE Embarcadero - Downtown - Harbor Island for $139.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Wyndham Bayside

I'm not seeing the 3* for $112 in Little Italy. Are you searching for 2 adults and 2 children when you are seeing the 4* Seaport for $135 and change and the $112 Little Italy? If you search for 2 adults you will often get some different results vs 2 adults and 2 children searches.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

14 minutes ago, BergiesGurl said:

I will update if I purchase through HOTWIRE

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I was stalking prices and finally found a deal I liked, it was a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal. 

Listed as a 4 Star Hotel  in Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center with a 9+ rating @ $144/night.

Amenities: Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant and Swimming Pool

There was no resort fee figured it would be the Omni and I was correct. 

Did use the board PRICELINE link and the 5% Priceline Coupon and came out to $663.44 for the 4 nights. 

Very happy with this property and pricing, as I was able to select 2 double beds.  Since I am traveling with my mother-in-law, son and niece I could not risk naming my own price and not getting double beds. Canceled my backup of the Hotel Republic booked through my work travel site.  They only had King beds available and I would have been sleeping on cot for 4 days, it was only $20 more so not a big savings, but the Omni is nicer, has a pool and my back is thankful. 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this well reviewed property and are looking forward to your trip.

4 hours ago, BergiesGurl said:

I was stalking prices

In the future you can try using our RateDrop service which will monitor prices for you and makes it less likely that you will miss a deal that is only available for a brief period of time.:wink:

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]