Priceline Hotel: Need Help with Booking, First Time

Bethey
By Bethey,
in

We will be going through Washington D.C. on June 1st and have decided to drive in the night of the 31st and then will be leaving the morning of the 2nd.    So we will only have one full day in D.C. to show our 10 year old around.   I am thinking the area of Downtown, or Downtown White House area?    What do you all recommend?    We would need 2 beds and I don't have a clue where to start.   This would be my first time bidding on a hotel.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So to confirm, you need a hotel from May 31-Jun 2.

To get started, what is your expected budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, rates in main areas are somewhat on the higher side for these dates. When searching on HOTWIRE for 2 adults and 1 child (which doesn't guarantee two beds, but it should result in enough bedding for the whole party - 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway), I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Dupont - Embassy Row for $167.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Madera

Unfortunately, there aren't many other options around $150 in core areas - especially when searching for 2 adults/1 child - aside from a couple of 3* properties that get mediocre reviews. Rates are less in outlying areas, but it depends how much you want to travel in. Would the possible Madera be of interest? While unfortunately somewhat above budget, it does get 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I know nothing of the area.   I did find the Holiday Inn Downtown for $209 a night for 2 Queen Beds.  I was tempted to book it, even though it's a bit over because it's also on the Trolley Route.  It's been years since we've been but I remember the Trolley being the best way to sight see and it would be really convenient to hop on/off at our hotel.    Does the Dupont fall on that route, or do you know?

Which Holiday Inn is it that you are referring to? (there are at least two in the downtown area and i don't think either is officially named the 'Holiday Inn Downtown')

Is your plan to take the trolley or some sort of similar HopOn-HopOff tour?  If so, you probably will leave the hotel in the morning, head to the tour bus, and not return until later in the day... you could probably save quite a bit if you stay outside of Downtown (but still convenient to the metro) and simply take the metro to one of the trolley/tour bus stops; then return via metro at the end of the day.  The metro is widely used by both tourists and locals, and is probably the most efficient and least expensive form of transportation in the city (you could even buy an unlimited metro pass for about $15 and put together your own 'tour of the city' taking the metro to any location you want to visit)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]