Priceline Hotel: Priceline: 2-Star Hotel Long Island City Area

mpefem
By mpefem,
in

Hello.

New to this forum, great to get some help.

Dates: 26/5-01-06

Hotel: 4-star New To Hotwire Hotel in Downtown Brooklyn area

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

1 king bed Your room type is guaranteed.

Fri, May 25 - Fri, Jun 01

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center

This hotel's location earned it a 4.5/5 guest rating.

Hotwire rating: 85% (128 reviews)

Tripadvisor  rating: 4,5 (301 - 500 reviews)

Guest Ratings

* Overall satisfaction 4.5

* Condition of hotel 4.5

* Quality of service 4.5

* Room comfort 4.5

* Room cleanliness 4.5

* Location of hotel 4.5

-

Book soon! The last person got the EVEN Hotel Brooklyn

Guaranteed 1 of 4:

* Hilton Brooklyn New York

* Franklin Guesthouse

* McCarren Hotel & Pool

* EVEN Hotel Brooklyn

Price Original $168 pr night

Price Now $125 pr night

Please help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Downtown Brooklyn for $126.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> if this is what you're seeing, best guess for this one would be the EVEN Hotel Brooklyn

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amneties:

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

-

Price quoted: $85 /night

-

About This Hotel

In-room fridges add a dose of convenience to this efficient Long Island City locale.

When you book a 2-star Express Deal, you get comfortable rooms, simple decor and basic amenities.

-

About This Area

A quick drive across the Queensboro Bridge, this neighborhood in the borough of Queens gives you easy access to midtown Manhattan. Known for its waterfront views and its quirky arts scene, the area connects you to the rest of Queens and Brooklyn via the nearby Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and the Long Island Expressway. Both of the city's airports are easily accessible from here.

-

1 King Bed - Smoking Room - Free Continental Breakfast, Free Wifi, Mini Fridge

-

Dates: 25/05 - 01/06

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page) 

2* Long Island City for $85 (<<<---click this link to go to the detail page for the listing)
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

>>>>Best guess would be the Days Inn Long Island City.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? The 2* would be a cheaper option than the 4* that you asked about, but would also be a substantially different experience. The Even is a newer 4* that gets excellent reviews. The 2* Days Inn would be a basic property that doesn't get very good reviews.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

mpefem,

I'm very familiar with the NYC-metro area, as well as using 'outlying' locations to save money and commute into the city (which i assume is your objective by considering areas such as Brooklyn and Long Island City).

If you let us know exactly what your needs are for this trip, as well as your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes), we will suggest what we believe to be the best options.  Also, as the Even hotel Brooklyn gets very good reviews, why not this one? (knowing what has stopped you from taking this offer will give us a better idea of what it is that you are looking for)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello.

Thank you for your consideration and help.

I'm considering the hotels in Long Island City, since they offer free breakfast and are closer by to midtown than Brooklyn and are cheaper too.

I'm OK with a 3* hotel close to a subway that covers my needs within the budget ($1200 for the stay including taxes, preferably also including breakfast)

I would suggest this offer from PRICELINE EXPRESS:

3* Chelsea Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $135/nite with:
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> i'm not certain of this property, but with a 7.0+ user review rating and located directly in Manhattan, i think this would be a better choice than staying outside of the city (for likely more money).  Also, i wouldn't let free breakfast be a deciding factor for you, as an inexpensive breakfast can always be had in NYC (lots of carts offering coffee + coffee for $1-$2, bodegas offering a made-to-order hot platter of eggs, toast, and hash browns for $3-$5, etc)

Or here is another option since the Saturday nite seems to be the most expensive nite within your date range:

For 5/26-5/27 purchase this:

3* Chelsea Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $181/nite with:
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> this will be the same hotel as above but purchasing one nite gives you a chance to 'look behind the curtain' and confirm what it is and that it will work well for your needs

If so, use the following link to purchase the remaining nites of 5/27-6/1:

3* Chelsea Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $121/nite with:
Free Internet
Fitness Center

If you don't like the hotel you get from the solo nite purchase above (or you just like the following hotel better)then for 5/27-6/1:

4* Empire State Building Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $129/nite with:
Restaurant
==> the The Marcel At Gramercy Park would be my best guess for this one

Thoughts on the above?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Hello. 

The links dont don’t work anymore :-(

Probably since offer is expired. 

The 3* in Chelsea look good, but as I understood, that hotel could not facilitate a cot for my 3 year old. 

I’m not putting that in the search as some of the hotels offer it freely. 

Any my suggestion on that kind of hotel within my budget (the hotel in LIC) do have this also. 

Help?

On 4/28/2018 at 5:25 PM, mpefem said:

1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children

6 hours ago, mpefem said:

hotel could not facilitate a cot for my 3 year old

In the future please include all the pertinent information from the start... if you're actually 2adults/1child but are only including 2 adults in the search because you're looking for a hotel that will provide bedding for your child at no additional charge let us know as it will effect our research, your options, and the suggestions we provide.

I’m not putting that in the search as some of the hotels offer it freely.

... and some don't, so how are you determining before your purchase if the hotel allows a child to stay for free?

Is your 3 year old closer to 2 years old or 4 years old? (ie- could s/he pass for just under 2 years old)

The links dont don’t work anymore

The hotels ARE still available, but unfortunately the rates have gone up a little, for example for 5/27-6/1:

3* Chelsea Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) is now $140/nite
Free Internet
Fitness Center

and

4* Empire State Building Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) is now $135/nite:
Restaurant

PRICELINE EXPRESS will usually show a 'No Longer Available' message when rates go up rather than showing the same hotel and a 'Rates have gone up since you last searched' message.

3 hours ago, thereuare said:

so how are you determining before your purchase if the hotel allows a child to stay for free?

???

At this point on PRICELINE EXPRESS I'm seeing for 5/26-6/1

4* Empire State Building Area for $149 (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page)
Restaurant
>>>Best guess would be the Marcel

4* Chelsea Area for $162 (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Fitness Center
>>>Doubletree Chelsea would be my best guess.

3* Times Square - Theatre District for $165 (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page)
>>>Best guess would be the Hotel Shocard

3* Chelsea Area for $190 (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page)
Free Breakfast
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
Free Internet
>>>Holiday Inn Express Chelsea would be my best guess.

Would any of these work for your travel plans?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

21 hours ago, thereuare said:

so how are you determining before your purchase if the hotel allows a child to stay for free?

15 hours ago, mpefem said:

Luck :-)

If you're relying on luck then why/how do you exclude the previous 3 star Chelsea property based upon your belief that they would not be able to accommodate your 3 year old with a cot?

This thread has moved in many different directions... 2 star hotels outside of the city; 4 star hotels inside the city, changing dates, number of guests, etc. so let's pinpoint exactly what criteria it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip as well as make sure you have realistic expectations...

What we learned above (with the splitting your stay example) is that the first nite of your trip is more expensive than the remaining nites, which was making it difficult to find something acceptable within your budget.  Now that you have added an additional nite to the beginning of your stay, another nite that is more expensive than the rest of the date range, all other things being equal it will become increasingly more challenging to get something within your current budget.

So back to what it is that you need for this trip...

What is the new budget for including the additional nite?  How much extra is it worth to stay directly in Manhattan vs. how much savings would you need to stay outside of the city?  How much risk are you really willing to accept regarding triple occupancy?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]