Priceline Hotel: New York 6/12/18 to 6/15/18 Help

jubilee1
By jubilee1,
in

Hi again

Following very helpful posts when I wanted to book Boston a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if I can get some further help.

We're travelling from Chicago to Boston via Niagara Falls (Canadian side).  Plans were to leave Niagara Falls, Canada and drive to Boston via Saratoga Springs, NY, Sycaruse, NY and Sturbridge, MA.  We're now thinking about cancelling these 3 stopovers and instead flying from Buffalo to NYC, stay 3 nights then take a greyhound or Amtrak to Boston.  The cost of the flights will be offset by the savings made in handing the hire car back early.

The 3 hotels I have booked in the places mentioned above amount to $360 total (this is inclusive of all taxes).  I know hotels in NYC are pricey but what's the chances of sticking an extra $100 onto that $360 and getting something half decent?  We don't necessarily need to be right in the tourist areas so would consider anywhere in the city.

I also have another query and not sure where to put it - I booked our Boston hotel via Hotwire.  I have a reservation number and an itinerary number.  Should I be able to put one of these numbers on the hotel's own website and see my reservation?  Just I've tried and nothing is coming up.  I've contacted the hotel via their webpage and facebook and they've not responded.  Ringing is difficult as I'm in the UK and my cell phone doesn't seem to want to connect (I will keep trying but thought someone might know the answer on here)

Thanks

Unfortunately, NYC will probably cost at least around around $600-635 all-in for these dates, although it would be more basic. If that is still of interest, let us know and we would be happy to suggest options. A 4* is probably going to be more in the $700-800 range.

For the Omni Boston reservation, I don't know whether you can enter the # from your PRICELINE reservation on the Omni website. If not, I wouldn't worry; I don't recall ever anyone reporting a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE reservation that never made it to the hotel.

Let us know your thoughts on New York City or if NYC is not of interest, if we can help with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE to get better deals on the stopover stays.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks Aaron

I'm seeing a Hot rate 3* in Midtown East for $150 ($620 all in for the 3 nights) - this is more than I want to pay but I will keep revisiting (I think this hotel is Pod 39)

Also reading up on 'name your own price' but I from what I'm reading, I will have to up the * rating if using a bidding strategy or I could end up stuck in an area I don't want to be in

I have visited NYC 3 times previously so familiar with some of the areas (stayed Times Square, Brooklyn and Central Park areas previously)

Thanks for the info re my Boston booking, good to know you don't know of any reservation not making it to the hotel (let's hope I don't become the first!)

Thanks

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $150.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  I'd also guess the Pod in this case.

With PL bidding, you have to be willing to be anywhere within the zone borders at both high and lower star ratings.  Are there acceptable zones where you would be okay with staying potentially anywhere within the zone?

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and please let us know if you have any questions at all.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]