Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Nashville (Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter Area) Millennium Maxwell House Nashville

sharkhark
By sharkhark,
in

Hi there stumbled across this very helpful site.

I had a choice of several cities to fly into all the way from Nova Scotia Canada to use some air miles and see a small concert and see an unknown city.

My wife and I had no clue we randomly picked the single most expensive downtown in America lol!

Our flights booked so can't change. To try for one of the really great rates for a decent downtown hotel in the heart of the action not going until November 7-10 how far in advance is best to book and how best to get that rate thru bidding or waiting?

Example noticed a couple rare snags of 4* Noelle at only $153 although fees raise that up alot.

Any advice appreciated. I have given up on Airbnb's etc as the rates are almost as high as hotels.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, Nashville does tend to be more expensive, especially during busier times/events. There is an event occuring on the 10th (half marathon) so that may be causing some demand for the 9th night.

What would be your desired max budget per night and which areas would be acceptable? Unfortunately, there's no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay; if there's something going on during this period and traffic remains high rates can also stay the same or move higher.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will definitely promise to use your links. We were hoping for 200 USA total per night as our exchange makes that $600 turn into $800. Not sure if that's reasonable. I'm curious how one poster got the 4 star for only $153 is that typically a last minute deal he bid on or is it something that pops up randomly on PRICELINE. I know nothing for my stay is guaranteed but I'm just curious how typically the better ones are obtained.

It's all based upon supply vs. demand... if there is an event (convention, conference, etc) that draws in a large number of people on any given set of dates the demand (and prices) move higher; if there is nothing in town, low business travel (say due to a holiday weekend) then demand is low and prices move downward accordingly.

Two Suggestions at this point:

1) Use RefundableRates.com to find an acceptable hotel to use as a back-up reservation (even if it's over your current budget, as the current rates may look good a few months from now if prices continue to move higher).  Then continue to monitor PRICELINE / HOTWIRE (see next suggestion) for a deal which allows you to cancel your current refundable reservation and take the newly available deal.

2) Use RateDrop to automatically monitor rates for your dates for any star rating / zone combination you choose.  The service will monitor prices for you and send you an email any time that rates drop below the price you designate.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi I don't typically like booking hotels that are at a rate that's final and non refundable.

I don't mind if the trip is imminent but my trip is in November over 6 months away.

But I was driving myself crazy to get a deal within my budget and a hotel right in middle of downtown was looking not great as I didn't know Nashville was so expensive.

So....

I used your link to get a PRICELINE EXPRESS rate for what I kind of figured would be the worst or lowest rated in the deal which was the millennium Maxwell and that's what it turned out to be... Which in Canadian funds was only $122 a night for three nights.

It's close to downtown and has free shuttles from the airport and to downtown. So I'm pretty happy with the deal.

I used your link I also used your Priceline Coupon saving another $18 Canadian. That brought the rate per night down to only $116 Canadian which is only roughly about $91 US dollars.

Taxes and fees in I paid $453 Canadian total (approx $353 US dollars).

I think waiting and trying to find a deal anything close would be hard right downtown and this is close enough that we can spend the money we would've on a better located hotel on drinks and food.

Thank you very much for your help.

Craig

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that will work within your budget and that you can make this work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hate to have to post again but looking for advice. I have a problem and am not sure who to present it to with the booking I made above.

It's either to be directed at Priceline who I booked thru for a Express deal non refundable or to the hotel itself, in this case millennium Nashville.

The hotel I booked does not get great reviews but it was the closest to the downtown of Nashville I could get that wasn't an exorbitant price and included both free airport shuttle and free downtown shuttles.

Had I not received these I would've saved and stayed at an airport Hotel and took Uber in and out.

In reading trip advisor reps from the hotel had answered questions about shuttles and clearly indicated that both airport and downtown free shuttles were included.

But literally the day after I booked for the first time in years of replies stating always that airport was included now a rep replied to someone else (a fellow Canadian who booked) that there is no airport pickup anymore.

So the hotel participated in trip advisor going back years and states that I would save airport roundtrip and now it's not included.

I had booked a less expensive better rated hotel and cancelled it to switch to the millennium to have the shuttle's included of its not I wouldn't have switched.

If the hotel hadn't been participating in the trip advisor website and it was my mistake I would understand but reps from their hotel have been saying for years in questions and answers that it's included.

I would like the hotel to step up and get us to and from the airport or for Priceline to cancel what is normally a booking with no refunds but this isn't me simply "changing my mind" it's a hotel amenity that even the customer reviews on Priceline website say was included.

Helpful advice?

When posting your win you didn't list the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property, so the first question i would ask is whether Shuttle was included in the amenity listing or not.

If a Free Shuttle was included as a guaranteed amenity, then the first suggestion would be to reach out to PRICELINE and let them know what you purchased this hotel based upon the free Airport Shuttle being included but you just spoke with the hotel and they no longer offer this amenity.  If Shuttle was shown as an amenity and it's now not offered it should be a fairly easy phone call and PRICELINE should offer a refund (we can't speak for them but this is usually how things have been handled in the past when a hotel does not offer an amenity that was shown by PRICELINE EXPRESS to be included).  At this point i would leave your thoughts about the hotel itself out of the discussion as that is not the point you're trying to make (instead focus on the facts, which in this instance is that the hotel was indicated to include a shuttle but none is currently being offered).

If a shuttle was not listed as a guaranteed amenity it gets a bit more complicated, but if that is the case post back and i''ll add my thoughts in this regard.

HOWEVER, before you pursue any of these i would suggest first making sure that there is something suitable that you can find as a replacement that is within budget.  Nashville has been expensive lately, and if i recall correctly rates for your dates were somewhat high, so you may not be able to find something that is cheaper than this even when considering the additional cost of RT service to/from the airport.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck, let us know how you make out and we'll take it from there.

All good advice and thank you.

I'll definitely make sure to get other hotel availability and booking before any cancellation of that becomes necessary.

The only problem I see is that the Priceline listing for the property still shows "shuttles" in their description, however the hotel still does have shuttles into the downtown so couldn't they argue that shuttles still are included.

It's that the most expensive transportation from airport to hotel and back isn't included anymore.

Thx for your advice

As this is a recent change PRICELINE has not yet been notified of, or has not yet updated their website, to reflect the change of amenities.

Priceline lists the amenity as 'Airport Shuttle' so a shuttle to downtown which is not what you are disputing, it's a shuttle to/from the airport.

Tell them that you have called the hotel to confirm and that an Airport Shuttle is not provided... they will then call the hotel themselves to confirm, and if they are told the same, i suspect will offer to cancel the reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]