Priceline Hotel: New York Times Square - this August

highnal
By highnal,
in

Hi there,

I've been lurking here for a bit but now need some advice of my own!

I'm looking for a 4* (or higher) hotel in Manhattan - Times Square area preferable as I don't know that much about NYC areas but very open to suggestions if you think we can get better value. Only criteria would be that it has to be safe, within 5/10 mins from a subway, walking distance to Times Square and the hotels have good reviews.

2 nights (13th-15th August 2018) for 2 adults.

Our budget is about $225/night plus tax.

There's a couple of Priceline Express Deals that have caught our eye:

1) 4.5* Times Square - $217/night

Airport Shuttle Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking Restaurant

2) 4* Times Square - $175/night

Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking Restaurant

$21.78 mandatory fee collected at hotel

Any idea which hotels these could be?

Would we have much luck getting bargains by bidding (based on our location/budget)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $175
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>The Millennium Broadway or Hotel Mela would be guesses.

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $217
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Fitness Center
>>>The Premier would be the best guess in this case.

HOTWIRE:

5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $230.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Intercontinental Times Square, which has been reported with this amenity set previously.

5* HOTWIRE Times Square for $217.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Michelangelo

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

To add to the above i'm also seeing:

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $153/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> best guess here would be the Stewart Hotel which was recently renovated and seems to meet all of the criteria you mentioned above

From HOTWIRE:

4.5* Rockefeller Center for $160.00
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Warwick New York is my best guess for this one which also appears to meet all of your 'wants' in a hotel for this stay

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help... i'm very familiar with NYC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bidding on PRICELINE would be slightly cheaper but the you're subject to any hotel in the zone and not able to have an educated guess as to the property (and therefore not have an educated guess as to how far a walk it is from Times Square, the subway, and/or the hotel's reviews)

I would start with the hotels above... are any of them of interest?  If you were then to try to bid for that hotel and received something different, would it be worth a $5-$10 savings per nite?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help so far guys. I got busy last week so didn't end up booking anything yet.

I've had a quick scan of Hotwire and found the following:

4-star Hotel in Times Square area

Business centerChildren's activitiesFitness centerInternet accessPet friendlyRestaurant(s)Self-service laundrySmoke-free roomsSpa services

Guaranteed hotel chain

$181/night

Apparently the last person booked the Hilton Times Square. What do you think? If so it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

For this hotel:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $183.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this is an exact match for previous reports of the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel and this would be my best guess for this one

Given the above has a $25/nite resort fee, i would sooner choose the following which comes to just about the same price:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $217/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan would be my best guess for this one... newer hotel with great reviews and a very convenient location (top #12 hotel in NYC)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]