Priceline Hotel: Need Help getting a good deal on NYC hotel

EKBlant
By EKBlant,
in

Hello... So we are looking for a typical 3.5 but assuming we should say 4 star hotel in NYC, Times Square or Midtown West for April 22nd-25th.  We'd like to get a decent deal- that ones we were looking at were like 210/night before fees.  So we'd like to spend $125/night hopefully with fees.  

We would like a free breakfast option... But other than that, I'd like a nice room in a safe area!

Thank You! 

Welcome to Betterbidding.:biggrin:

Unfortunately, breakfast is a rarity at the 4* level (and fairly rare at the 3.5* level) in NYC. So that we can be able to compare while researching, which hotel were you looking at for $210?  Is breakfast a must? In Midtown broadly, a 4* will likely take around $150 for these dates.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm very familiar with NYC, but i'm finding it difficult to offer advice as i'm not really sure what you're looking for, so let's try to take a step backwards for a minute...

Hampton Inn hotels are generally considered to be 3* properties (some maybe a half star higher, some a half star lower)... but none that i'm aware of rated 4* which is what you originally indicated that you're interested in, so using the price of a 3* Hampton Inn will have little relevance as to what you can get a 4* property for.

Free Breakfast is a rarity at most 4 star properties (although i always say that in NYC you can do breakfast very inexpensively at local bagel shops or breakfast specials at the local bodegas, so i wouldn't let this be a deterring factor).

Regardless of what star rating you decide to try for, $125 all-in is not likely going to be in the right ballpark for these dates.  We do sometimes see prices this low in NYC, but it's during the slow season (Jan/Feb for NYC) and you're traveling during the middle of the peak Spring season.

So, to start anew... what exactly are the most important factors to you for this trip: budget, location, amenities (ie- Free Breakfast), star rating, hotel quality, etc?

If budget is not the primary driving force, what is your maximum budget for this trip (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know that I have any true factors... My husband used priceline before and we ended in a travelodge! :)  So yes, needless to say I'm a little nervous to use it anyway. 

I'm thinking if we could get everything for around $600 including fees that'd be great. 

For some reason the Best Western in Herald Square draws my eyes. But I keep reading terrible reviews- it's limited % of the reviews- but just makes me nervous. 

I think we'd like to be in Times Square, Midtown area- but I don't know about Chelsea?  

Thank you all for your time and attention.  

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Midtown East for $196
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Best Western Hospitality House

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $180
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

>>>Best guess would be the Crowne Plaza Hy36, which is the #12 property in NYC on tripadvisor.

HOTWIRE:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $119.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Yotel

4.5* HOTWIRE Central Park for $194.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Childrens Activities
==>  The Blakely would be a guess in this case.

You can also use the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS promotions in my signature.

Would any of these options be of interest?

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

1 hour ago, EKBlant said:

For some reason the Best Western in Herald Square draws my eyes.

Shoot your sights higher than this :wink:

I think this is the best value i'm seeing at the moment:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $144/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
==> i'm not 100% certain, but i'm fairly confident this is likely the City Club Hotel which would be very centrally located (but even if i'm wrong, you're looking at a hotel that should be quite nite given the 4 star rating and the 8+ user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests)

Another option would be:

3.5* Central Park South (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $156/nite with:
Fitness Center
==> Ameritania Hotel would be my best guess here... it's a few dollars more for a half star rating less, but the reviews are very good and with good subway access)

Lastly, if you can stretch your budget (about $20 per nite over your all-in budget when using the board's Priceline Coupon for an extra 5% off):

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $180/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan would be my best guess for this one... currently the #12 ranked hotel in NYC!!!

Any interest in any of the above?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is amazing... 

AaronJB- we looked a the Yotel hotel previously. That one sparks my interest. 

And Thereuare- The City Club hotel looks nice. 

So do you all think if i bid that amount those are the hotels I'd get, or just a wild guess?  Is that how this all works?

No, when bidding on PRICELINE there is no way specific information shown about the specific hotel you're bidding on so you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

With PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE some information is provided about the specific hotel being offered which is where we do our research and make out guesses as to the hotels being offered.

For the following PRICELINE EXPRESS offer you simply click the link provided:

2 hours ago, thereuare said:

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $144/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
==> i'm not 100% certain, but i'm fairly confident this is likely the City Club Hotel which would be very centrally located (but even if i'm wrong, you're looking at a hotel that should be quite nite given the 4 star rating and the 8+ user review rating by previous PRICELINE guests)

I've bolded the previous comment where you should click to be taken to the offer... just click that link and that is the offer i'm guessing to be the City Club.

For HOTWIRE you need to use our BiddingHelper.com tool, do your search, and then in the EASY VIEW tab find the same hotel description as we provided (it's easier to do than it seems if you use the filter checkboxes on the lefthand side of the page).  So to help find the one below you would filter the left side of the page to select only the Times Square zone and 4 star hotels... then find the one(s) that are as close to $119/nite and click the GREEN 'See Full Amenities' button to find a match for the description below:

2 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4* HOTWIRE Times Square for $119.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Yotel

... then click the RED CONTINUE button for that offer to complete your purchase.

Hopefully you followed the explanations above, but if not just let us know which one it is that you want to move forward with and we will try to provide further details if needed.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]