Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Manhattan Beach - Hermosa Beach - Redondo Beach) Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel

johnMiCheng
By johnMiCheng,
in

Thanks for your BBAPR18 5% Off Express Deal Coupon.
It's been years and years since I've coupon-hunted hotels, but Santa Monica is so expensive now.

My last $144/night stay had a good room, but the internet was almost unusable.

Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel:
PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal (White-label) 86 += 206.98 (-5% off BBAPR18 coupon = 198.38, 99.19/night)
Amenities: Free Internet, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Bed Choice, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Restaurant, Swimming Pool

Best prices through other methods:
1) Priceline: 93.64 +tax/fees = 224.58
2) Best Western website: AAA 107.99 (Sun 4/15) 125.99 (Mon 4/16) +9% tax = 255.04

3) Name-Your-Own Price: 3* Manhattan Beach $81 (197.12 failed), $83 (201.90 successful).

Since I might be extending the stay two days 4/17-4/19, I did the express deal to see which hotel it was.
"Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel" is not currently in BetterBidding's 3*-3.5*-4* list of "Manhattan Beach - Hermosa Beach - Redondo Beach" hotels.

I may try name-your-own-price to see what is $83 (or $82) for 4/17-4/19.

Never stayed in Manhattan Beach area, but I was looking at LAX & parking fees are higher than 10-20 years ago ($18 for 3*, $24-48 for 3.5*-4*).
Used to be free parking at 2.5* or 3* with $30-40 rates.

Free Internet, parking, and breakfast.
Would like fridge, microwave, & stove.

Congrats on your success.

NIce win for this Best Western property!  Rates have certainly gone up in this area unfortunately, but hopefully this hotel will work well for your travel plans.

Thank you using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property and star rating change.

Please start a new thread and we would be happy to help with the additional nights.

Enjoy your stay.

Good news is the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel has excellent rooms (for 3*).  Very comfortable sheets & blankets.  Medium size fridge.  $1 Soda machines.  $2.50 Washer & $2.50 Dryer.  Haven't tried the free breakfast yet (6:30-9:30 am).  Internet is sometimes slow loading webpages, but YouTubes & movies play fine once started.  No airport noise.  Large flat-screen TV (but no HBO or Showtime, even though there's a schedule in the room).  Grocery store a few blocks away, and lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Bad news is I should have booked 3 more days.  Price is now $127 on website (AAA).
Priceline was no good from $82-93 (112 w fees).  Two counter offers at $116.
3* Priceline Express went from $86 to $122.  Yikes.

So I booked Redondo Inn & Suites (2*) for $95 on their website.  Taxes are 12% in Redondo Beach, 3% higher than in Hawthorne (9%).  Microwave & Fridge.  Very close to the beach.

I also looked at Deluxe Inn / Hawthorne (2.5*) for $90 on their website.  They have a Priceline special for 85.

Hawthorne Plaza Inn (2*) reviews had bed bug issues.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your stay but sorry that you're not able to pick-up any additional nites.

Please check for and use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.  Assuming your additional nites are 4/17-4/20 you could have had rates a little cheaper than what you saw above:

Redondo Inn And Suites for $92/nite

Deluxe Inn Hawthorne/ Lax for $76/nite

Using any of the links on the sites within your network helps keep this board running as a free resource for everyone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestion of MAPS and HOTELS.com for regular rate purchases.
I LOVE their map.  It's like Trivago's, but
(1) Floating hotel prices also show star-level
(2) Left-column list of hotels and prices is very convenient while moving around the map.
Do I need to use MAPS and HOTELS.com through the better bidding.com site for you guys to get credit?

For 2* Redondo Inn tomorrow (4/29), the MAPS and HOTELS.com price is $84 +tax = 94.08 is higher than redondoinn.com at $79.80 +tax =89.38.

The prices in the earlier comment were after-tax-and-fees.
-----
I've been staying at the 2* Redondo Inn for the past two weeks.

Pro: Fast internet.  200+ channels on TV.  Medium fridge.  Microwave.
Four blocks from cliff next to beach (not two blocks from beach as advertised, but very good).
Thai restaurant in same building (open until 10 pm).

Con: Walls could be more sound-proof (can sometimes hear the TV in rooms next door).
Lot of road noise (being right next to PCH).

4 hours ago, johnMiCheng said:

Do I need to use MAPS and HOTELS.com through the better bidding.com site for you guys to get credit?

No, we own that site also, so it doesn't matter how you access / bookmark it. :smile:

Glad to hear your positive feedback and that you find the site useful.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]