Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek) Walt Disney World Swan

J0Y007
By J0Y007,
in

So, I have a cousin who is getting married at the Grand Floridian in April. Most of the family is staying there, or at Disney's Beach Club. However, I definitely can't afford to stay at either of those. I will be traveling with my husband, and 2 daughters (ages 7 & 5). We can either do April 26th-29th or 27th-30th. We desperately need to be as close to Magic Kingdom as possible, so we can get to the Grand Floridian Saturday morning for the wedding. We also need a theme park shuttle. I know it's getting into peak season but we probably can't afford more than $150 a njght. Please let me know if you have a suggestion asap! I will GREATLY appreciate your help! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At current rates (even 3* on site Disney properties are $350+ per nite) i think you're going to need to 'give' someplace... either in your budget or in your requirements for a hotel.  You could likely get something very nice near Magic Kingdom for +/- $100/nite and then use some of the savings to take a taxi to Magic Kingdom and/or the Grand Floridian, but to stay on-site i don't see anything that is near your budget.

Have you considered staying on-site for one or two nites of your trip (the days you most need shuttle access) and then changing hotels for the balance of your stay?  Do you plan on renting a car this trip? (if not, how will you get from (i'm guessing) the Airport to the hotel?)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response!

Our dates have changed. We have decided to drive home Saturday night (28th) so the dates we are looking to book are the 25th-28th. I am considering staying in a cheaper place, off disney property, the first 2 nights, and trying to find a Disney resort/hotel for the night of the 27th. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way! 

Thanks!! (-=

For the nite of April 27 i see the following thru PRICELINE EXPRESS:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $243/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Walt Disney World Swan Hotel would be my best guess for this one

HOWEVER, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy and after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.  Fortunately hotels in Orlando have a high percentage of rooms that can accommodate quad occupancy (vs. say a hotel in NYC where the risk would be substantially greater) but this is the least expensive Disney property i'm seeing offered for your dates (and nothing thru HOTWIRE when searching for 2adults/2children)

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's still available but the price has gone up by $6:

4.5* Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $249/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess remains the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel

One 'upside' is that this hotel now offers a Bed Choice and you can choose 2 Queen beds at this price (which helps matters since you need occupancy for 2adults/2children)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Ok cool!

In your opinion, would it be possible for it to go down again in the next few weeks? Or do you think anymore Disney resorts may pop up on hotwire or priceline in time for me to book? I like the Swan, but just want to get the best for my $. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Nobody can say if rates will go down, or move even higher, between now and your arrival... but as this is the only Disney property i'm currently seeing offered thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, what option(s) do you have should this one disappear (just as the offer did yesterday)?

• 4 weeks later...

On March 22nd, 2018, I won a HOTWIRE Hot Rate deal for the Walt Disney World Swan Resort!

*Price Per Night: $154

*I was made aware of the additional resort fee of $32 per night, before I booked. I dont have to pay that until we check in. I still think the deal I received is wonderful! 

-->Check-in: Thu, Apr 26 - 04:00pm; Check-out: Sun, Apr 29 - 11:00am

-->Room: 1 room (2 queen beds) | 2 adults | 2 children

**Amenities: Resort, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

**Accessibility: Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Glad to see this will work well for your plans and that you're happy with the outcome.

Please try to post your wins as you receive them so that others can benefit from the information in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the wedding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]