Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York (Madison Square Garden - Convention Area) Crowne Plaza Hy36 Midtown Manhattan

stevepdx
By stevepdx,
in

King bed, coffee maker, relative quiet are mandatory.  Kitchenette nice but optional.  Don't need fitness, pool, in-house restaurant or bar.  I have been looking at Hotwire, and notice that in the "1 in 4" peek, if I look them in in TripAdvisor, there are typically  three good ones and one pretty far down the list.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  

In the Central Park zone, I'm seeing:

5* HOTWIRE Central Park for $275.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  Best guess would be the Westhouse

4.5* HOTWIRE Central Park for $241.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==>  I'm not certain in this case, but I'll guess the Parker would be a possibility here.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below. You can also use the promotion in my signature for 5% off.)

5* Central Park South for $289
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the Viceroy.

Would any of the above work well for your travel plans? A king bed in NYC may be somewhat difficult given that rooms frequently are on the smaller side in the city and kings - when available - can sometimes be a paid upgrade.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.  I think I'm going to wait a little longer and see what pops up.  The Westhouse would be fine, but I find that they add a mandatory "residence fee"  of something like $54/pp/d, which puts the price up to $$383 for two people!

And the reviews I see for the Parker are not very good.  

If you're willing to consider locations outside of CPS i would highly recommend this offer:

4.5* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $189/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess would be the Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan which is a new hotel, centrally located, and gets excellent reviews (currently one of the top rated hotel in NYC)

Thoughts on this property? (i'm very familiar with NYC if you have any questions about this location or anything else)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.  Our main evening activities will be Broadway on Thursday night (Mormon) and the Metropolitan Opera on Saturday. My idea to be in CPS was to be close to both so as to avoid being late due to traffic congestion.  We will also be going to the Whitney and Metropolitan Museums in the daytime.    It looks likely that the 4.5* is the Crowne, as the only other 4.5* on the hotel list is the Tryp, which does not allow pets.  The price is great and the reviews likewise.  I'll wait to see if you have any more comments, and then likely take the plunge.  

43 minutes ago, stevepdx said:

avoid being late due to traffic congestion

Don't worry about the traffic and take the subway like a NYer:wink:

The Crowne Plaza is right near Penn Station where you can easily catch the 1 train to get to the Metropolitan Opera or the Eugene O'Neill Theater. (and i'm sure you can easily get to the other locations you're interested in as well, i just didn't have a look yet, but will do so later tonite).  As well, there is probably a good chance you'll be eating dinner prior to the theater and not coming directly from your hotel.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

The CP HY 36 was a real bargain at $189.  Hotel is brand new.  Our king room was small but adequate for two, and had a very nice bathroom.  It was on a low floor next to elevator, but no noise whatsoever.  The street is on the shabby side, but not scary.  Good deli, Essen, on the corner of 8th for breakfast, and two blocks to the subway at Penn Station.  I would not have found this without your help and really appreciate it.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]