Priceline Hotel: Priceline Bidding Help Washington DC Hotels

Bill M
By Bill M,
in

My wife & I will be visiting Washington DC, arriving 4-15-18 & leaving 4-21-18. Using Priceline, we want to stay in Zone 6 (Capitol area) & are looking at 4 star or 3 1/2 star upscale plus hotels. Any advice on a realistic starting bid to win would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As you may or may not already be aware, rates are very high for these dates.  If you're only willing to accept a hotel in the Capitol Hill i think you're likely looking at $250-$275 for a 3.5* property... a 4* closer to $300-$350/nite (any strategies we suggest for you to follow would of course start lower and work towards these numbers, but this is the ballpark of what i think you're realistically looking at)

If you can expand your acceptable zones you may find better value where i'm seeing:

3.5* Dupont Circle - Woodley Park (<-- CLICK THIS LINK and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $157/nite with:
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Washington Marriott Wardman Park would be my best guess for this one

or something like:

3.5* Downtown (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $240/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
==> best guess for this one would be the Kimpton Rouge Hotel

I will also add that it looks like you can do significantly better if you're willing to split your stay between two different properties... if this is an option let us know and i'll outline some suggestions in this regard.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Regarding SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID as an example (i haven't researche these hotels just yet as it's time consuming and i don't know if splitting is an option for you or not) but to at least give an idea of pricing if splitting is an option:

For 4/15-4/17:

4* Capitol Hill (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $197/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

For 4/17-4/21:

3.5* Capitol Hill (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $190/nite with:
Business Center
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We're happy to help. Would splitting the stay be something you would be okay with if it meant a cheaper average per night rate?

What is your target / expected budget for this stay? (per nite before taxes/fees)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]