Priceline Hotel: 4* Denver (Denver Tech Center) Courtyard By Marriott Denver Tech Center

Wyotraveler
By Wyotraveler,
in

Hey guys

I posting another great Priceline hotel deal, as we had a slight hick-up with a previous deal Hotwire deal I recently posted here. I made the reservation in my step-dad's name and his travel plans have changed, such that he won't be there to check-in. I contacted the hotel to see if they would/could change the name on the reservation and was told no, as they don't have access to the reservation, as it was not made through them. Then I contacted Hotwire for help and they told me, no go as well and said the hotel is only one that can change the name. I did not tell my step-dad, as he paid and am sure with his dementia he will not remember this. After finding this out I did some research on Hotwire and Priceline to see what I could find. Well, in any event, I decided the hotel listed below, as I need to take my car to a dealer in Littleton (somewhat close to this hotel) for a 20,000-mile servicing. 

Denver Marriott Tech Center

@ $70 for room + $21.98 (tax/fee) = $91.98 total vs. Marriott.com @ $153 for room + $24.10 (tax/fee) = $177.10 total

Amenities include:

•  Free Internet (in Public Area)
  •  Pet-Friendly
  •  Indoor Pool
  •  Outdoor Pool
  •  Non-Smoking
  •  Gym
  •  Restaurant
  •  Handicap Accessible
  •  Business Center

In closing, if the first hotel had been in my name I have not needed this second hotel. I am however happy with the location, as near the car dealer I need to be at and near the RTD Light Rail (I will use that to get downtown to go to a Colorado Rockies baseball game).

Congratulations on your success with this second purchase... but sorry to hear things didn't go well with the first one.

If you're ever in a situation like this again you can try to see if the hotel will 'add' (not replace) a second name to the reservation since 'that person will be arriving later in the day' (ie- you could call as if you were your dad and say "i have an upcoming stay and i won't be arriving until late, but my son will be arriving earlier, can you add his name to the reservation so that he can check-in early before i arrive').  You may or may not have success with this approach, but it has worked for some before, although there would still also be a slight issue at check-in, but worth a try.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy the baseball games and i hope your car gets a clean bill of health (which is rare once the dealerships try to find things that they can do!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]