Hotwire Hotel: Vienna 4* (City Center - Opera - Ringstrasse Boulevard - Museum District, city center - stephanerstadt - inner ring)

adilsonocruz
By adilsonocruz,
in

EDIT: I just realized that I have post in the wrong forum. Please move to the Pricelina forum.

Hi guys!

Im searching for a 4* hotel in Vienna from 11 May to 15 May in the zones City Center - Opera - Ringstrasse Boulevard - Museum District and  city center - stephanerstadt - inner ring, using the re-bid zone Margareten Quarter- Museum of Economics, starting from $60.

Today I bid until $80 with no sucess.

I dont care for amenities (wifi and breakfast is a plus) but I choose to find a 4* hotel in order to get one with 7+ ratings from customers.

Cheers!

What is the best 'regular retail rate' you're able to find for a 4* hotel or better in one of the zones above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best price for a 4* hotel in these zones is $ 135.

Since I care more for stars them to user ratings, I will start to search for zones with hotels with 7+ guest review, disregarding the number of stars. For instance, in the zone City Center - Opera - Ringstrasse Boulevard - Museum District, the 3* hotels have 8+ guest review.

Best regards!

On 3/14/2018 at 10:27 PM, thereuare said:

What is the best 'regular retail rate' you're able to find for a 4* hotel or better in one of the zones above?

On 3/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, adilsonocruz said:

The best price for a 4* hotel in these zones is $ 135.

Are you referring to this hotel on HOTWIRE:

4* City Center - Opera - Ringstrasse Boulevard for $135.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Bathroom Accessible

If not, what is the name of the 4* hotel you see for $135/nite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On 3/14/2018 at 10:27 PM, thereuare said:

HOTWIRE is not a 'regular retail rate', just like PRICELINE they are a deeply discounted service, so by starting your bidding at 40% below HOTWIRE rates is really just a waste of time and bidding opportunities, imo (you could start there if you'd like but i would use larger bid increments early in the bidding process (when your bid price is unrealistically low) and larger increments later in the bid process (when your bid amount is more realistic))

If you read this post from your previous thread you'll see that there is a cost to bidding too low since (to change the numbers to fit your example in this thread) a hotel may be available today for $125 but you never give yourself a chance to win it since you started your bidding too low and never made it up to the $125 price.  You may think "i'll make it to $125 over the course of the next few days" but what if the currently priced $125 hotel is no longer available in a few days and is replaced by a higher priced hotel?   This is exactly what i believe happened in your previous thread, where on March 12th i believe $160-$190 would have been successful... but rates for your Amsterdam dates have moved slightly higher since then.

Yes, now understand you. Do you think that I can try to find cheaper hotels even if I decrease the stars numbers? 

The problem is that I can´t find 2* or 3* hotels in the cities that I will visit. If I had the list of the 2*/3* hotels so I would search for their reviews and check if I´m ok to stay in them.

5 hours ago, adilsonocruz said:

The problem is that I can´t find 2* or 3* hotels in the cities that I will visit.

Search at MAPS and HOTELS.com and filer the results to 3* hotels (and then 2* hotels)... but do you think you would be happy at a 2*/3* property OR wish that you had spent another $20 for something nicer?

If you want to bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... if there are some hotels at the star rating that you're willing to accept, and others that  you are not willing to accept, you need to restrict your searches to PRICELINE EXPRESS where you can see the review ratings of the hotel offered prior to your purchase. (or HOTWIRE where reviews are also often shown and the property in question can be researched appropriately)

Hi guys! Could you help me identify this hotel in Vienna that I found in Priceline? 

4-Star Hotel for $77
Belvedere Palace - Karlsplatz - Wien Mitte Station 
Free Internet, Swimming Pool, Pets Allowed  
Hotel Amenities: Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Swimming Pool
8+ Guest Rating 60 verified guest reviews

Are you still searching for May 11-15 as i'm not currently seeing any 4* hotels offered in this zone (at any price) when searching for these dates... are you still seeing this one on your own PRICELINE EXPRESS search?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]