Hotwire Hotel: 4* Prague (Old Town Square - Astronomical Clock)

adilsonocruz
By adilsonocruz,
in

EDIT: I just realized that I have post in the wrong forum. Please move to the Pricelina forum.

Im looking for a 4* hotel in Prague in the zone Old Town Square - Astronomical Clock, starting from $70, using re-biding zones: Podoli - Vysehrad, Prague National Gallery - Holesovice Station, Prague North, from 7 May to 11 May.

Today I have tried until the bid got  $100  but with no success.

Cheers!

Do either of the following work for your needs (from HOTWIRE):

4* HOTWIRE Old Town Square - Astronomical Clock for $72.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Childrens Activities
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> the Hotel Caesar Prague would be my best guess for this one

4* HOTWIRE Old Town Square - Astronomical Clock for $98.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Archibald City

Would one of these meet your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will keep this thread here since we can discuss both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in the same thread, once you win a hotel the thread will be automatically moved (if necessary) if you use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of the board.

44 minutes ago, adilsonocruz said:

I think I can get a better price bidding at PRICELINE. What do you think?

If i understand your original post correctly, you have already bid up to $100 for a 4 star hotel in the equivalent zone on PRICELINE... both of the HOTWIRE hotels are less than the price you have already bid, so why not take either of the above if they work for your needs?  Obviously at this point in time $100 is not enough on PRICELINE... so why not take a HOTWIRE offer that is priced less than $100?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Try to read carefully...

PRICELINE bidding is going to cost more than $100/nite (based upon your most recent rejected bids for a 4* hotel)

HOTWIRE has 4* hotels that cost less than $100/nite

... so if you're trying to save money why would you even bid higher than the current HOTWIRE rate??

Ok, I will try to explain what I mean when I say that I´m trying to save money (English is not my main language so maybe I´m getting a bit confused).

Now I have a simple apartment (without breakfast) booked (with cancellation free of charge) in Prague for $86. I would ratter book a $90 hotel (with breakfast) because I would save money, since I would not need to buy breakfast.  So I pretend to spend some time taking my chance for a cheaper hotel (maybe I can find a $80 hotel on Priceline), and them I will save money.

Now I see that I made a mistake bidding $100 on Priceline.

Thanks for the attention. I´m always using your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!

So why not the $72/nite HOTWIRE hotel that is cheaper than your apartment rental and less than you have already bid on PRICELINE.  It does not include breakfast, but there is no way to assure free breakfast when bidding on PRICELINE either.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

52 minutes ago, adilsonocruz said:

, increasing the price to $96.25

Still less than your $100 PRICELINE bid (which probably was closer to $120/nite after taxes/fees)

PRICELINE has taxes/fees as regular rate services do. When you go through the check-out process during bidding you are shown the total before clicking to finalize the purchase and have PRICELINE search to see if a hotel will accept. I agree that the $72 HOTWIRE listing is a good option and if the Hotel Caesar Prague, that property gets good reviews. 

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]