Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) The Westin New York Grand Central

LSW4
By LSW4,
in

I'm looking for a hotel in NYC on 3/31/18 for one night, two adults, two children. I'm not blown away by any of the prices I'm seeing. Are rates higher because it's Easter weekend? I've typically had good luck using Hotwire for last minute bookings. Do you think we'd be safe to wait, or will prices go up given that it's Easter weekend?

Thanks!

In NYC, when you do search on HOTWIRE for 2 adults and 2 children, you will definitely see higher prices because quad occupancy is often materailly more expensive in NYC. The Holiday weekend may also play a bit of a part.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Desired budget would be under $200, but hoping to book when I can find the best deal. I guess I was spoiled because last time I went to NYC we stayed at the Hyatt Centric for $120. Rates seem to be a lot higher now. Do you think we should wait until last minute or is that risky since it's a holiday weekend?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, but a few comments:

-your previous New York City Hotwire hotel win was for a Saturday-Monday stay , with Sundays typically being the slowest nite of the week for hotels, so that brought down the average cost per nite (search for Sunday nite, April 1-2 and you will see rates significantly cheaper... not sure if your dates are flexible at all; or you care to make this a 2 nite trip :wink:)

-your previous trip was in August and that is the low season in NYC... mid-March through the Spring becomes high-season for NYC

-this search is for quad occupancy which is not only going to increase prices (as mentioned above) but also limit your options (although this seems to be less of a factor since searching for double occupancy doesn't increase the price too much

If you need to stay within budget you could consider staying just outside of the city:

4* HOTWIRE Jersey City for $115.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> best guess would be The Westin Jersey City Newport which is a less than 5 minute walk to the PATH train which will have you in the city in about 15 minutes... it's not the most convenient option as you lose some of the 'buzz' and convenience of staying directly in the city, but it's an option if you can only make this work if the price is right

Another option:

4* HOTWIRE Hoboken - Union City for $131.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Room Accessible
Handicapped Parking
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the W Hoboken which is a very nice property on the water, a bit shorter train ride to Manhattan, and Hoboken has a lot of nice attributes as well if you'd like to walk around and explore there (eating dinner out will also be a bit cheaper)

... otherwise i don't see anything under $200/nite that would ensure quad occupancy.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]