Priceline Hotel: Maui 4* Help

epepe
By epepe,
in

Hi,

Great site, I've used your advice to book my stay in NYC last summer (although I don't see the post, but I did click thru your links). I am looking at booking my stay in Maui this summer. 

Dates: Aug. 29-Sept. 7

I would like your advice, I am thinking of breaking up the stay in 2 resorts (Aug 29th -3rd & 3-7th) at different resorts to experience more. This will be for our honeymoon so I'd like the 1st stay at a 4* and 2nd stay to be at a 4.5-5* (I don't mind the area - Kanapali or Walea wherever the nicer hotel and best deal is!)

So far the best pricing I've found is this (I compared with Hotwire rates for similar properties):

South Ka'anapali - Lahaina Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher) $194 / night (plus $182 mandatory resort fees total for 5 nights)

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

My guess - Westin? 

Do you have a suggestion for the 3-7th? Would I do better for a 4.5* or 5* rate with Hotwire? Or does Priceline make the most sense? Thanks again for all the work you guys do!

Congrats on your honeymoon! Please start a new thread for the additional nights and we'll research those there.

For 8/29-9/3 on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the dates are correct on the landing page after clicking the link below):

4* South Ka'anapali - Lahaina for $194
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>>Best guess would be the Westin.

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance (and we look forward to helping with the other portion of the stay in the new thread.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the change in plans but I'd like to book the first set of hotels.

So far here is what I am looking at:

4.5-Star Hotel 

Wailea - Makena Area

Rated 9.0/10

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

$282

Im hoping this is the Fairmont, or would it be the Grand Walea? If it is the Fairmont I'd like to book tonight. 

Thanks!

What are your new dates of travel, as i'm not seeing the property above when searching for your original dates of Aug 29-Sept 3?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel:

4.5* Wailea - Makena (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $282/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> i would favor the Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort being the most likely for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing this listing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below)

4.5* Wailea - Makena for $282 (<<<--- please click this link)
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>When I search on the PRICELINE website, I'm seeing this listing with an 8+ rating. Guess would be the Grand Wailea.

Would this possibility be of interest or are you only looking for the Fairmont?

Sorry last question before I book. Priceline does not accept Amex credit cards but I know Hotwire does. I am seeing a slighly more expensive deal on Hotwire for a 4.5* (details below). Do you think this is also the Grand Wailea resort? If it is the Fairmont or Andaz I inclined to booking it on Hotwire and pay the increased rate but wanted you input before I book.

Hotwire:

$307 - Wailea - Makena

(85% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Resort, Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, then click the green "Full Amenities" button next to the listing, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Wailea - Makena for $307.00
Resort
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Best guess would be the Grand Wailea.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]