Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) Richmond Oceanfront Hotel

Lawyeron
By Lawyeron,
in

hi to all,

anyone can please help me identify these 2 hotels (date of travel is September 18 - september 21, 2018):

3.5* South Berach - Collins avenue Oceanfront

Business center

restaurant

indoor or outdoor pool

fitness center

no smiking rooms/facilities

no rating

82 USD per night

taxes and fees total 58.98 USD

4* South Beach - collins avenue oceanfront

pets allowed

restaurant

inmdoor or outdoor pool

no smoking room / facilities

rated 7 or higher 

95 USD per night

tax is 67.98

thank you

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront for $95
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Best guess would be the National

3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront for $82
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>No guess

I'm seeing on HOTWIRE:

3.5* HOTWIRE South Beach - Oceanfront Collins for $80.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Beachfront
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==>  Best guess would be the Richmond Oceanfront

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

10 hours ago, AaronJB said:

3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront for $82
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>No guess

==> i'm going to guess the Richmond Oceanfront Hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i have a couple of more hotels i would be happy for your help with identyfing:

Hotwire:

Central SoBe - Art Deco District

4*

60% recommended

Free Internet, Condo, Pet friendly, Suite, Near beach, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

74 USD per night

Central SoBe - Art Deco District

3.5*

80% recomended

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Pool(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

76 USD per night

thx

Best guess / comments for each:

4* HOTWIRE Central SoBe - Art Deco District for $67.00
Free Internet
Condo
Pet Friendly
Suite
Near Beach
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
==> Metropole Suites South Beach, a South Beach Group Hotel

3.5* HOTWIRE Central SoBe - Art Deco District for $76.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Pool
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Astor

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the outcome of your winning bid, although now you may see the benefit of PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE where you can often take a guess as to what it is that you may likely be receiving, rather than needing to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

So we can complete your topic title and have this purchase appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and in our Priceline Maps, can you please confirm the amount of your winning bid.

Canceling a PRICELINE reservation can occasionally be done, but it's much more the exception than the rule.  We can offer our thoughts as to the best approach to take, but to get started, what is it that you don't like about this hotel that you want to cancel? (location, quality, reviews, etc)

I don't see anything that will make canceling easier, but i will make a few comments:

1) make sure you see something else that you like and are interested in before canceling this one as i don't know just how much cheaper a stay in this area will necessarily get

2) you're only 5 blocks from the start of the South Beach - Ocean Drive Zone so not far from where you ideally are looking to stay

3) you are directly on the beach

With the above noted, you could try calling PRICELINE and let them know that:
1) you accidentally selected the wrong zone

the other approach to take would be:
2) the star rating is inaccurate or the reviews don't live up to the star rating, but i think this is a tougher sell since the reviews are actually pretty good (from what i could see) and most other booking companies do rate this property 3.5 stars

If you do reach out to PRICELINE just try to be as nice as you can to the customer service representative as you're really looking for him/her to have a heart and do you a favor, since there are not really any specific grounds for cancellation that i can see in this instance.

If you don't get anywhere, do keep an eye on the Richmond Oceanfront from Priceline over the next few months to see if it does happen to get downgraded to 3 stars, as should that happen, then you would have very clear-cut grounds for a cancellation.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]