Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Maui Wailea-Makena

Adc
By Adc,
in

Hi! First timer. We are looking at visiting Maui from April 25-May 1. We are interested in staying at a 4.5+ resort in the Wailea-Makena area, but aren’t too picky concerning specific hotel.

Priceline Express has a 4.5 hotel available for $392. IDEALLY I’d like to stay under $325, but I don’t know how realistic that is. So I’m looking for suggestions on bidding strategy. How much should I realistically start at and what site? I’ve never bid before.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not currently seeing any 4.5* hotel in this zone offered at $392/nite, this is the least expensive offer i'm seeing for your dates:

4.5* Wailea - Makena (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $440/nite with:
Pets Allowed
Fitness Center
Business Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
==> best guess for this one would be the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort- A Concept By Hyatt

If you're looking to bid with a maximum bid of $325 (my guess is that this will be tool low given the current prices) you can try as follows...

When bidding 4.5* in Maui you have FIVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* Wailea-Makena
Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $275, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $290, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $300

If the above is rejected wait 2 hours and once again start your bidding with this PRICELINE link (and not any links in an email that PRICELINE may send indicating that you're eligible to try your bidding again) and re-try:

Select 4.5* Wailea-Makena
Bid $275, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $305, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $310, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $315, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $320, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $325

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're confused and/or new to the subject)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how your bidding goes (or if you happen to decide to take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer linked above) and we'll take it from there.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]